Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!

Vancouver was AWESOME! I'll post pics later today. I just wanted to pop in to say that I really really do NOT want to move. I really don't. As we drove towards our city the sun was setting and we stopped in a town called Cochrane to fill up and the mountain range was to the west and our BIG BEAUTIFUL sky was all around us, and I just sighed and thought, "I love this place." Then we got to our house and I looked around at everything, felt the space in which we live, and realized that I can never leave here. I have roots firmly planted here, and so does Ellie, and Ayana will too. Regan said when we started discussing moving that he had accepted the fact that we were never ever going to leave Calgary, he never said that before. I am glad about that. What does this mean for work? I don't know. I guess it means that Regan will have to do what a lot of people do, and me too, is that he may have to work in another city for a time until the film business in Calgary gets it's feet under itself again. I love Vancouver. I do. I really really do. And if we were rich I would love to have a place there too that we could go and stay at anytime we wanted. But our home is here. Our heart is here. But of course, that being said, if we absolutely HAD to move, that would be where, and it would be as a completely LAST resort.

So for now, I am relishing in Easter morning waiting for Ayana to wake up so they can hunt for their easter stuff. We will be heading to Edmonton this week for 4 days to celebrate Ayana and my neices birthdays. Later today we go to my sisters for dinner.

The past few months have been very difficult for me in many many ways. And that means they have been very difficult for those around me too. I will be back to seeing my good old therapist who I have seen off and on for the past 20 years. In fact, I will be able to see him soon, and that is awesome as it's been about 7 years since I last saw him and I just need a tune-up is all. I love him. He saved my life, literally. I am very grateful to have been matched with him when I was 20 years old.

Spring has finally arrived, I think, the weather is beautiful. It is sunny and warm and the tulips are beginning to finally make an appearance.

As for my Vancouver trip? I'm not sure if that will happen exactly. I may suggest to my bestfriend that we go somewhere closer. After this trip and finding out that Wild Roses is DEFINATELY not coming back, I am very scared to spend any kind of money at the moment.

Anyway, thank you all for tuning in, and being patient with my lack of postings these few months. I am on the mend, and look forward to more Gerard weeks and sharing bits of our life with you all. In particular those of you at the beginning of your adoptions! I have SO MUCH to tell you all about our trip! Ayana especially! How much she is talking now! But that will have to wait for another day.

Have a WONDERFUL Easter Sunday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your Easter day was great! It sounds like your trip was. I'm glad that you realized that Calgary is your home. Home...it's so wonderful isn't it?
I don't know what is not so great for you right now...but I"m thinking of you. I too have my own 'person' to talk to about my issues...it's so freeing I think! I don't know how I would have gotten through so much without her.
anyways...I too am looking forward to some more GB weeks....seriously...that is DEFINITELY something to get out of bed for in the morning! :):)

Carol said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear more stories about your trip.

Jenn said...

Glad you are back! I think we all need a tune up sometimes! Good for you for taking care of yourself.

Alicia said...

I love that you blog. I love what you blog. I love your honesty, openness, realness. You are genuine. I think I just love you!