Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good morning!

So at the moment I am reading a few books. One was HIGHLY recommended by a friend of mine, and because I have the utmost respect for this friend I am reading it. I had already had the book for ages and thought I would give it a go. It's not BAD, but it's not grabbing me for some reason. And I had high expectations. It's "What is the What" by David Eggers. It's a book about a Lost Boy of Sudan who is in the States recalling his story. I think I just need to commit more time at each sitting, that's usually all it takes. I'm also reading a collection of short stories (okay this book I actually BOUGHT eventhough I am still on my book buying diet, but since it is a short story book I say it doesn't count.) called "Unaccustomed Earth". The first story was fantastic, and now am on story #2. The 3rd book I'm reading is called "The Kindly Ones". This one I bought too, so I called it my early "birthday present" since my 41st BD is next month. I loudly announced to anyone who would listen at home that "you don't have to buy my present now, I already did!" They didn't buy it, not sure what the problem is, saves them the trouble is what I figure. ANYway, this book is an english translation of some french novel, and it just grabbed me at Chapters. And I read the first few pages and I LOVE how this person writes. It is literally like they are "talking" to you, very conversational. I'll let you know how that all pans out. I am still on a re-read of Drums of Autumn, but since I've read that one already I can pick it up every so often and still know what's going on. The thing is my TV calendar is booked at the moment what with Dancing, Idol, Survivor (which I'm not that interested in), and Amazing Race (which admittedly for some reason I am always facebooking or twittering during and I have no idea who's who or what's what). I just don't seem to have the attention span to read lately, so sad when that happens.

Today is all about recovery. As in my legs. I had a VERY wicked workout on Monday and my legs and rear are STILL hurting in a major way. Yesterday I could barely walk. Everytime I had to climb the stairs or get up from a chair it was uber painful. Today is only marginally better. The only thing that bugs me about it is I can't work on those body parts until the pain is almost gone. Sigh. And I don't want to get out of my exercise groove. A few weeks back I was eating less and doing the workouts and boy was I dropping weight. But then about 3 weeks ago I started eating and haven't stopped. Thank God I am still working out virtually everyday, or I'd be in trouble. I have put on a few pounds, okay all the weight I lost, but if I wasn't working out everyday? Yikes. I like to eat. Hence why I must exercise. Plus it makes me feel better mentally and emotionally. Once you get going, you realize how great it makes you feel and you actually feel WORSE when you don't. I now get it. Took me awhile!

Regan is now in Moab Utah. He says it's now like Banff. When we were there 13 years ago it was very quiet. Now it's very touristy. What a shame. He has his campsite booked for 5 days and wishes he could just keep moving. We have been Skyping with him everyday, it's been really great for Ellie to see him and talk to him. Skype is awesome. And FREE.

Ayana had her last appointment at the adoption clinic. She is doing very well! She is just over 50 percentile for height and weight, and developmentally she's ahead in many ways. YAYYY!! She is talking all the time now, and her tantrums have thankfully slowed down to like one a day, instead of 10. She is sooo cute, like super cute, the little things she is doing now. Especially in the car listening to music. She does what Ellie calls "turkey Neck" when there's a song she likes, and then her arms get going, and her lips pout out, and she just rocks out. It is SUPER cute. Us girls will have a blast driving, I think, to Vancouver. The tunes, the turkey neck, the snacks. It's going to be sooo fun!

Anyway, have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!

And PS if any of you are on TWITTER you can add me so I can add you, k? My handle is ljemus.

No comments: