This is a cartoon that Ellie sometimes watches in the morning. This AM it was a deplorable episode where Ian, the kid, could not find any baby pictures of himself for a project for school, so he started to "worry" that maybe he was adopted. Once his older brothers got wind of this "fear" they started to "torture" him with this concept. "You're adopted! You're adopted!" Chanting this in a horrible teasing way, and Ian getting HORRIBLY upset by this notion. I have one word to say about this:
DISGUSTING.
The entire episode was about this! On and on... then at the end he low and behold found his baby pictures. WOW what a RELIEF, because SURELY children who are adopted have NO baby pictures of themselves. RIGHT.
I haven't seen something like this in quite awhile, and I know it is not an isolated incident.
Terrible.
Anyway, on that note, you all have a good day, and in Calgary TRY TO STAY WARM! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Seriously, I think the network or TV producers or whoever is in charge of that show should be notified. That is NOT acceptable!!! argh!
Wow, that's terrible... I would think shows should be celebrating all the different kinds of families out there since these days most families are a mix of all kinds of circumstance!! Maybe it's time to come up with a new show!!
I have never seen the show, but I hope you wrote a letter!
you should write a letter to the station that broadcasts that show & also to the show itself. That is dispicable and the should be told how inappropriate it is.
UGH! That's horrible! Is that seriously the kind of message they want to send? Unbelievable.
Post a Comment