Monday, December 1, 2008

HAIRSPRAY!!

Hairspray ----WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean SERIOUSLY good, UNBELIEVABLY good. Wow. A BIG wow. Our seats were UNREAL. Row J and dead centre. So, we were just 10 rows from the stage on the floor, CENTRE. Ellie and I went CRAZY after each song. I mean each song was as big as the finale. The singing was just so amazing, so good. YOU MUST SEE THIS PLAY!!! And we are SO GRATEFUL to our friend Heather for the FREE TICKETS!!! We left there singing and chattering loudly a mile a minute! And we listened to the CD of the Broadway recording all the way home. Sigh. What a terrifac night for me and my oldest girl! The best part was as I was laying with her she said, "You know what I like about that play, Mom? The message! The message was you can be true to yourself! No matter what you look like, you can be true to your self and follow your dreams, just like Tracy did!" I just teared up and agreed and gave a giant hug. Like I said, it was a great night.

Today I have furnace cleaners coming from Sears. They do a hospital level cleaning and will be at 8am till about 1pm. Ugh. It will be good to get it done (apparently we won't have to have it done for 4 years), but I am not looking forward to having the noise and equipment in my house for that long.

Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

A girl I work with was just telling me how fantastic this was. I went online but it must be over :( I wish I had paid more attention & got tickets to see it. Oh well next time. Sounds like a great girls night out.

I have tickets to the musical Chicago on Jan 1 & look forward to that. I've seen it once & it was very entertaining.