Monday, September 29, 2008

UPDATE

So, the dr's went well, except for the fact that the appointment was at 2pm, and it's just the WORST time of day for Ayana, so needless to say she was a bit of a nightmare most of the visit. Anywho. As for her attachment stuff, the doc said that she really was not that concerned, and that if I had told her there were NO attachment issues she would be worried. She said that transitional attachment confusion (which is what we are dealing with) is very normal for adopted kids, and that if I continue doing what I am doing (and what our family is doing) she will likely adjust just fine. However, if I am still concerned she gave me the contact for the child psychologist that deal with adoption attachment and I can call them and get an appointment to see where we are at. I am going to call, but feel a lot better about everything. She said, and I've read, that adopted kids (even if they are babies at the time of placement) are still trying to get their heads around "if this person leaves, are they coming back?" or "this person is coming back now, are they going to leave again?" And I totally get that. So, we'll keep doing what we are doing, and I'll keep reading and doing our little excercises and carrying her a lot etc. She is growing well, and developmentally doing great. She was not even concerned about her language as Ayana says 10 words which is very on track for her age. Albiet the lower end, but she's still on the track!

Regan's cell phone went thru the wash AND the dryer. Yikes! I always tell him HE has to be the one to check his pants BEFORE he puts them in the hamper or on the laundry pile!!!! Ergo how both of our passports went thru the wash a few years ago!!!! I'm hoping once it dries out it will work again. If it does, that would be a miracle. And on a side note... I FOUND MY LULU LEMON PANTS!!! Yay!!! They were under an afghan! Who knew?

Have a great Monday night!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

So glad everything went well at the doctor.I am glad I have you a few months ahead of me so I have someone to learn from!!

Carol said...

Told you that you would find your pants! Now you have 2 pair right? Nice.

So glad to hear that your Dr. appointment was reassuring.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your appointment went well!

And if I do recall those were the pants that you inspired me to buy when you started your whole 'run for 4 minutes, walk for 1'. Are you still doign that? ....yeah me too! :):)

Alicia said...

phew, glad you found your pants! (oh and glad Ayanas appt went well too!)

911shazza said...

Glad the appointment went well. I think sometimes as parents we worry about way too much, and it's nice to have someone remind us that things are relatively okay. Keep on smiling!!

Cindy said...

I'm thinking the cell phone is toast. I have lost one due to ELias slobber and one to the bath tub. Both kid related.

Yay on the pants though!!!

And yay on the appointment, that must be a relief!

Proudmama said...

Hey Lisa, I'm happy for you that you got good news from the doctor! And it's always great to have a resource to turn to if you aren't feeling comfortable with how things are progressing.

Hope that the cell phone works! We had a cordless go into the toilet and through the washing machine cycle last week and it's still working! The washing machine cycle wasn't planned but after the toilet I wasn't all that upset when I pulled it outta there! :) Hope that your cell phone is working as well!

Courtney