Regan now has to sit beside Ayana when we eat. I am not allowed anywhere near her when he is with us eating. He has to help her in every way. He is the only one that can wipe her hands, face, etc. I took her out of her chair the other day and she had a major hissy fit because she wanted her Daddy to do it. Sometimes we just experiment and I put my hands out to pick her up, and she waves them at me! And if I persist she pushes me out of the way reaches out to Daddy! It's awesome!
This is a onesie I got from Cafepress before we picked Ayana up. You can't read the whole thing but it says, "My Mommy is blogging this." I was trying to get a good pic of it, and here she is actually saying with her hands and the funny little sound she makes, "All done." In other words, enough with the picture taking already!
Here is the two afro puff do!!! I talk about it below. When I say, "Pretty, pretty." When I do her hair, she pats it like this. So cute!
This is Ayana at the zoo, Ellie made me take this picture of Ayana on this teeny tiny bench because it was exactly her size.
This one is of Ellie doing her homework, and Ayana is doing her "homework" too. (Note the pencil and paper I gave her!)I have decided to ixnay Ayana's morning nap. Ever since this summer, when we discovered her midnight headbanging shinanigans, I was really watching how much sleep she is getting. Lately I have been hearing her chatting and singing several times in the night. My feelings are she is sleeping too much during the day. Now some of you might say, "So what? She's not crying in the night!" And at first I thought that too. But the last couple of nights hearing her kissing her little "Sweetpea" dolly, singing etc, it just made me sad. Who knows how long she is up in the night all by herself! So this AM we played, and she just hung out and played till after Ellie goes back to school after lunch. I pick Ellie up at 1220, and then she goes back about 20 minutes later. So in some ways, that is why she was still getting an morning nap, because the afternoon one usually is just under 2 hours. And yesterday, after her morning nap, I put her down for her afternoon one, and I don't think she slept at all. I could hear her again, playing and singing and kicking the wall with her feet. I'll let you know how that all goes. I think it will help to eliminate her head banging too, although I have read over and over again how this is perfectly normal and will go away on its own by the time she is 3.
Here are a few pics of Ayana with only TWO afro puffs! Count 'em, one, TWO! I was SO EXCITED when I discovered that her hair is JUST long enough for this cute style. Now, granted as soon as she sleeps on it the hair in the back comes loose, but it is too adorable and as you can see by the one pic, she was quite enamoured with herself when I first put them in. We are still having some scalp issues with her too. Everytime she comes off of her meds, she gets another round of ringworm that creeps in about a week later. So we are going to have to go to a dermatologist for it. Sigh. Other than that she is fit as a fiddle. She has already grown 2 inches since her birthday!!! Wow!!! And I now have a HUGE garbage bag of baby clothes that no longer fit her. It feels SO GOOD to finally be getting rid of the baby stuff in our house. The excersaucer, the highchair, it's all going! Woot! There is so much gear when you have a baby. At least there is at our house.
Okay, has anyone been watching the drama over the Elisabeth Hasselbeck comments about Michelle Obama at the Cindy McCain luncheon? If you missed it, here it is:
First of all, I absolutey CANNOT STAND ELISABETH HASSELBLECH.... Oh sorry, Hasselbeck. She is the most closed minded 30 year old I have ever seen in my life. Honestly. She rallies behind the republicans molding her personal ethics around the latest scandal to ensure that it is securely on the right. What a moron. Anyway, I was thoroughly disgusted by her behaviour. And to make matters worse, OF COURSE I tuned in yesterday to hear a statement by either her or Barbara Walters on the matter and not only did they NOT SAY ANYTHING but they had a whole segment of a taped peice of Elisabeth at the convention. Just brutal. I further more, Whoopi and Joy just SAT there and said NOTHING. Which I am sure they were on strict orders to do just that. Why is this woman so untouchable??? I don't get it. Obviously it is ratings. That she does get the show. For sure. But man does she make my blood boil. And then she lashed out at Whoopi today, and Barbara was patting her hand to get her to calm down (as usual). I always wonder when she behaves like this if it's PMS talking. If I were the execs on the view I would be P-oed at her divulging behind the scenes agreements of co-hosts. If you ever watch channel 31 here in Calgary (Showbiz today) they always have the pundits on there talking about it, and they really hit the nail right on the head. And our very own Ashleigh Banfield has appeared a few times to comment, and she is fantastic! Yay Ashleigh!
Have a terrifac day everyone!
Here are a few pics of Ayana with only TWO afro puffs! Count 'em, one, TWO! I was SO EXCITED when I discovered that her hair is JUST long enough for this cute style. Now, granted as soon as she sleeps on it the hair in the back comes loose, but it is too adorable and as you can see by the one pic, she was quite enamoured with herself when I first put them in. We are still having some scalp issues with her too. Everytime she comes off of her meds, she gets another round of ringworm that creeps in about a week later. So we are going to have to go to a dermatologist for it. Sigh. Other than that she is fit as a fiddle. She has already grown 2 inches since her birthday!!! Wow!!! And I now have a HUGE garbage bag of baby clothes that no longer fit her. It feels SO GOOD to finally be getting rid of the baby stuff in our house. The excersaucer, the highchair, it's all going! Woot! There is so much gear when you have a baby. At least there is at our house.
Okay, has anyone been watching the drama over the Elisabeth Hasselbeck comments about Michelle Obama at the Cindy McCain luncheon? If you missed it, here it is:
First of all, I absolutey CANNOT STAND ELISABETH HASSELBLECH.... Oh sorry, Hasselbeck. She is the most closed minded 30 year old I have ever seen in my life. Honestly. She rallies behind the republicans molding her personal ethics around the latest scandal to ensure that it is securely on the right. What a moron. Anyway, I was thoroughly disgusted by her behaviour. And to make matters worse, OF COURSE I tuned in yesterday to hear a statement by either her or Barbara Walters on the matter and not only did they NOT SAY ANYTHING but they had a whole segment of a taped peice of Elisabeth at the convention. Just brutal. I further more, Whoopi and Joy just SAT there and said NOTHING. Which I am sure they were on strict orders to do just that. Why is this woman so untouchable??? I don't get it. Obviously it is ratings. That she does get the show. For sure. But man does she make my blood boil. And then she lashed out at Whoopi today, and Barbara was patting her hand to get her to calm down (as usual). I always wonder when she behaves like this if it's PMS talking. If I were the execs on the view I would be P-oed at her divulging behind the scenes agreements of co-hosts. If you ever watch channel 31 here in Calgary (Showbiz today) they always have the pundits on there talking about it, and they really hit the nail right on the head. And our very own Ashleigh Banfield has appeared a few times to comment, and she is fantastic! Yay Ashleigh!
Have a terrifac day everyone!

11 comments:
I loath Elisabeth too!
PS we so want the exersaucer but no takers on the girly clothes!
I love the pictures!!!
LOVE the onesie and LOVE the puffs in Ayana's hair! She just keeps getting more and more adorable!
Yeah! Pictures!!! The puffs look great! She's an adorable little girl!
I too cannot stand Elizabeth. I don't normally watch the View but my sister is visiting and she does and so we watched yesterday and the girl sits there like she has a carrot up her ass. It's unfortunate that she obviously has quite the following as I can't imagine who would actually like her and agree with her narrow minded views.
Courtney
Love Ayana's Puffs!
I cannot stand Elisabeth, maybe the reason Cindy McCain had no list was because she is actually a cyborg with bleached hair and bad make up?? Did you see her on the View? she has about as much personality as one of Wil's diapers....
I can't even watch. I'm so terrified that another Republican is going to be President (and even more terrified of the Vice-Presidential candidate - anyone see the slaughtered bear perched atop her office sofa?) that I can't watch or read anything supportive of the Republicans. I can't even go there.
Very cute photos of your girls.
Karen T.
Good luck on the nap thing. I kinda went cold turkey and it was rough for a while leading up to 11/11:30 am when I finally gave in. But just last week she started to be able to stand it until about 12:30, plus she started sleeping a little longer - pushing 2.5/3 hours. Woot!
Yah, she would sleep for at least 3 hours in the afternoon is she had time, but I have to wake her up to pick Ellie home from school.
Those are the sweetest puffs ever! :)
Hey Lisa
Thought I would comment on the head banging. For the first two months we were home, Nathaniel head banged in his sleep every night. It would scare the heck out of me because it was sooo loud. It usually happened between 9-11 at night when he would at somepoint during that time be awake for a bottle. Total self soothing thing. Also during the first 6 m home I would say he was a restless sleeper, rocking, all over the bed, everywhere. Now when he sleeps he is in one spot doesn't move and not even a hint of head banging since about 6 months on. So it will go away.
I think it was a self soothing thing he probably did in the foster home
Louise
She is so adorable Lisa. I love the two puffs - I can't wait until Christolla's hair is long enough for that. When it is that long I want to try yarn braid ext entensions.
Did you try alternate meds for the ring worm? The orignial meds did not work for my kids after 3 months but the last meds finally cleared it up.
Hugs, Laurie
Post a Comment