Friday, September 5, 2008

Hello

This AM Ayana and I woke up with the full fledged cold Ellie has had. Ellie has had the coughy version of it, Ayana has the runny nose version, and I have the sore throat generally feeling like crap version. Good times. But the good thing is that my inlaws have decided to not come, as the kids are sick and the weather will suck for Spruce Meadows, and although we love it when they visit, I am relieved that we can all just nurse our colds.

I watched Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares last night. It was cool cuz it was a follow up show. He is so amazing, and I just love how most of the time he swoops in like a british culinary Superman and saves the day. And I love how touchy feely he is! He's always hugging everyone, and patting people on the back and shoulder. (When he's not calling them an f-ing moron!) A couple of the restaurant befores, though, had me just about ralphing. OMG. Did you see the east indian restaurant before? I saw that episode, but halfway, so I did not see the absolutely DISGUSTING roach infested basement food area, and the rotting food. And the cooks were putting pans of cooking food ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR!!! It made me shudder to think at the hundreds and hundreds of restaurants we've eaten at in our life thus far and what we have inadvertantly eaten. Can't even begin to think about it. But the turn around is fantastic, and most of the time the owners of the establishments are truly weeping with gratitude. Most of them had put their entire life savings into the business, and if the business were to go under, they would lose not only their money, but thier houses, and dreams as well. I don't know which is worse, to lose the actual shirt off your back, or the biggest dream you have ever had for yourself and your family. I can't wait to see what next season has in store. I just love that man.

I have a taker for the Twilight series, I'll be shipping it off either today or next week.

Did anyone see the Rock of Love 2 reunion??? And YES I ACTUALLY did watch that show! I mean I watched probably the last 3 weeks of it. It was very rivetting tv. Brett Michaels is, well, he is hard to pin down. On the one hand he is a HUGE dork and has to constantly remind everyone that he is a rock star. And on the other hand he seems very sweet with actual feelings underneath the cowboyhat/bandana ensemble. All of the women on the show were complete morons, seriously, I mean COME ON. Talk about putting the female race to shame! Even the girl he eventually selected (which, by the way, they've already broken up... what a shock.) was a pretty smart down-to-earth girl. A TV host, as opposed to a stripper which most of the other ho's... oh sorry.. girls were. But when they had thier last dinner together, she informs him that she was not wearing any panties. He then asks to see... and she then performs a very coy Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct on him, to which he asks her to do it again, and she DOES. Oh her parents must be so proud of her. And then they cut to the two of them humping on his bed. Aaaahhh.. quality television. Listen, I'm not going to judge someone if they want to pull a Britney in thier private life, but on national television? Get a life, people!! So on the reunion show, this Heather chick who was in Season 1, came back during one episode to tune Brett in on the REAL deal with the girls. She HATED Daisy, I mean come on, who didn't? And for some intoxicated drug induced reason Brett Michaels kept insisted that she was the HOTTEST chick he has EVER seen!!! OMG, can anyone say HIDEOUS???? Yes she had a hot bod, with an enormous fake upstairs, but her face!!! And she was a complete trainwreck! But he claims he loves crazy girls. Anyway, I digress, on the reunion show Heather and Daisy actually came to blows! It was awesome, in a tractor-pull kind of way. All I can say is, yes I watched it, for the same reason we slow down by a horrible accident.... to see the carnage. So the next installment will be Brett looking for his "Rock of love 3" on his tour bus. Stay tuned... or not.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Sebrina Wilson said...

Yeah.. thanks for the books :)

Sebrina Wilson said...

Oh and I meant to say I hope you are all feeling better!