Thursday, June 5, 2008

Working out

I was going to join the gym. I have always preferred to work out at home. By the time you drive there, work out, get changed or whatever, a couple of hours has passed. I can work out at home and be done in 30 min to an hour, all while Ayana naps. So I went out yesterday and bought a couple more sets of hand weights, and so glad I did! All I had were three pounders, and that just wasn't cuttin' it. So I got 5 and 10 pounders. I feel very motivated to get back to it again, which is fab. I have been very down lately, and it occurred to me that I am probably in a depression. I have been in one before, so I am susceptible, and I know that a good way to climb out of it is to exercise regularily. Part of why I am depressed, is exactly why I need to work out, I am putting on the pounds and doing diddly. After I got home from Ethiopia, I promptly lost 8 pounds. Doesn't sound like a lot, but on me I notice. I lost it because I was too overwhelmed to eat, and I barely ate anything that first month. Once we all were settled, boy did I make up for it!!!! Then I couldn't stop eating. I mean stuffing myself, and still eating. I then realized, okay, what is going on here? Why am I eating like this? What am I not facing in my life? Once I started to think about that, and reading a couple of great books by Geneen Roth on Emotional eating, my eating is back under control and I am now dealing with my feelings. Mostly it is just having another child, and adjusting to the new life with that. You guys all know, I've talked about it before. Wether by birth or adoption, child number 2 (so I am learning) is often the biggest and therefore toughest adjustment. Particularily after having an only for 8 years. Anyway, I am DOING GREAT. SO MUCH BETTER. I am feeling the cloud of the blues lifting and am talking to Regan about it, and others close to me which helps a ton. Summer is just around the corner and we will be going camping and doing stuff as a family which will help a ton too. So that is why I have been VERY quiet on my blog the last few weeks.

Hope by sharing this it may help someone out there who is feeling the same way, and feeling very alone, you are NOT alone and what you are feeling is VERY NORMAL!! Now get out there and take a walk in this georgous weather!!!

1 comment:

Proudmama said...

Have been meaning to post a comment since I read your 'bluesy' post... thinking of you and am happy to read today that you're already feeling better and hoping that it only gets better from here on in. Enjoy your new weights and the sunshine!

Courtney