Friday, June 6, 2008

Super Star Big Sister!

So, this AM I was reading the paper and Ellie announced she was going to go hang out in her room. Ayana didn't get to sleep until 830pm due to cheering wildly with her little clapping hands at Ellie's baseball game, so I didn't expect her up for awhile. 10 minutes later I hear Ellie come around the corner and next thing I know she is standing in front of me carrying her baby sister and proclaiming, "And don't worry, Mom, I already changed her diaper so she is all clean and done!" I just stared at her speechless! First of all, Ellie is very, how shall I put this, slight, you know skinny arms, and although since Ayana's been home she is getting a lot stronger carrying her around, she managed to hoist her out of her crib, lay her on the floor and change her diaper and then carry her all the way down the stairs! I said, "You did not!" She beamed. "Yes I did!!" I said, "You laid her on the thing and..." interrupting me with pride, "Yup! I laid her on the pad, and she was kind of wiggling around a bit, and I was saying 'Ayana, just wait I have to change you.', and then I pushed the button on the cloth box and wiped her bottom and then put the new diaper on! I've seen you do it a million times, so I knew I could do it!" I asked her if she knew how to throw away the old one, and she said no but "I'll show you the old one to prove that I did it!" And off she went to bring me the very wet proof. I showed her how to wrap it up and she threw it out, washed her hands and then I just gave her the biggest hug and told her how proud I was of her. I also told her I couldn't wait to brag about it to everyone, including on my blog. What a girl!

Not much to say other than everyone is coming here on Sunday for Ayana's baptism party, and as always I am excited but a good kind of nervous. So I'll be busy with my inlaws who are arriving tomorrow and then Sunday busy with all that, so I may not get to post over the weekend.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Go Ellie! How awesome! Can she come over and teach Nick? LOL!

Sebrina Wilson said...

Awww I love that story :)

Cindy said...

That is so great. What great help Ellie is!

Mamato2 said...

Posts like this make me less afraid to adopt again. I think Mal will also make a great big sister!! :)