Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Okay I did it.
I can't believe I am telling you guys this but...I have just signed up to participate in Nanowrimo. You are probably thinking, "Um, yeah. What is that?" Well, Nanowrimo is the nickname for something called the National Novel Writing Month. This is a completely self punishing event that is free, and torturous. Basically, you write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days, the month of November. If you get to 50,000 words you win. Anyone who gets there does. The idea is to just write. And it will be crap. It will be unreadable mostly. But you must write everyday to get your quota, and at the end you can say "yay me, I did it!" And that's it! It's insane, but I've alway wanted to do it, and as if I am not busy enough, here I go. I will start on November 1st and must finish at the end of the month. If you don't finish, it's no big deal, except to you. So one of the things that is a requirement is to tell everybody you are doing it, as there is nothing like potential complete public humiliation as a powerful motivator. Yup. So that's that. It's out. I've been outed. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Lisa...
You are crazy!! Just kidding...so what do you win? My husband loves to write...I should let him know about it...but what do you win?
I've been following along since you guys came back and it sounds like everyone is doing well...your little Ayana is so sweet!!!
How do you pronouce her name? Is it "I-Anna" ? We have a little friend who spells her name Aayaana and it's pronounced "I-Anna". I just love it!
Tammy
Post a Comment