Today has been an extremely productive day around here! Holy crow! Not necessarily house work, or anything, but my "to do" list is getting done! I FINALLY got Ayana's Alberta Health Care card today! Yay!!! Now I am just waiting for her change of name doc and then I can get her new health care card and then send that all to get her new PR card in her new name. Whew! I also made an appointment with the International Adoption Clinic with the pediatrician there to get a full check up on her. What else... oh you know, mailed some pictures out, went to the bank, just gettin' 'er done. (As Regan would say). The montage I have posted is full of stuff you guys have seen before, but I posted it because I thought it would be neat to share it as I made if specifically for the staff and Solomon the director at the transition home. I was even able to order it in PAL which is the format you need for DVD's in Ethiopia. I mailed that off today too. I think they will like it!
Tomorrow Ellie has to have 2 baby molars pulled and a spacer put in. I wish I could verbalize how terrified she is to have this done. This whole past week she has had problems falling asleep, and has woken up every single night terrified about this procedure. Her little friend at school had it done last Friday, but that didn't really help as she told her it hurt a little bit. She has never had to have any dental work done so I am trying to prepare her and tell how awesome she will be and that she can totally handle it! She has been saving her money ferociously for the last couple of months for a Nintendo DS, and with the help from my potty mouth she is only $40.00 shy of her goal. I told her that the tooth fairy would likely give her 20 bucks a tooth as she had to have them pulled and freezing etc, and I told her I would lend her the money until the tooth fairy pays up and after her appointment we are picking up her DS. This only slightly helps, but it's better than nothing. Please send us good vibes to the universe or pray to help keep Ellies petrified little heart calm and her spirit strong tomorrow! She will be just fine, but you know, she's scared.
Gotta go, got lots to do still.
Happy Appreciation day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey girlie, Tell Ellie that Grace had four molars pulled a few months ago for the same reason. She said it felt like a a bit of pressure and that was it! She was eating ice cream at home half an hour later....
Gorgeous! So, you are sending this TO the TH?? :)
Ooooooh... so lovely. I think the video will really touch a lot of hearts at the TH.
Thanks Lisa. That's awesome! It looks like she and Ellie are doing just fabulous! It's so nice to see someone who knows exactly how lucky they are...
Barb
Post a Comment