Today I feel like I have nothing to say.
Dancing with the Stars was great, as usual! LOVED Kristy's performance! Wow! And one of my favourite times of the show is Tom Bergeron's little comments in between stuff happening. My God he makes me laugh!
My parents come home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo hoooooo!!!!! I have missed them SOOOO MUCH!!! Talk about seperation anxiety! LOL!!!
Not much to say here. Hoping Regan gets some work soon. There is some stuff coming in. He will get something, I am sure, he usually does, I just hope he likes it.
Thank you to everyone who responded to our scratching issue here. So far today I am careful to not give her the opportunity to do it by distracting her, or making her laugh. After googling the topic last night, I am learning it is very very common and that she will more than likely outgrow it.
I do have one little thing to say, though. Watching Ayana learning to walk reminds me how fascinating human beings are. It is just amazing that we have this innate urge to walk. She must fall 50 times a day on her bum and hands, but up she gets immediately to try again. You can see her little wheels turning in her head as she tries different techniques and ways to get around, she waves her hands one time, or swings them from side to side. She gets unsteady and then carefully crouches slightly to get her balance back and then continues on. In the early days of her learning, she would be holding on to something and you could actually "see" her mind working and trying to get the courage to let go and go somewhere. For some reason I forget this exciting time in Ellie's life. I really do ! I remember her first free step like it was yesterday, where it was, when, but for the life of me I don't remember anything in between that and her being a confident walker. Strange. Since this is likely our last child I am soaking in every single second of this next giant phase in Ayana's life. Last Saturday, I have to admit being a little choked up as her baby-dom is starting to dissappear. Sigh. It really does happen so fast, as cliche as that sounds. She is getting so independant. After snuggling with her and her bottle on the rocking chair, when I go to lay her in her crib she actually lifts off and kind of gives me a little push to get in her crib, like, I'm a big girl. You know? And even if we want to "catch" her on one of her little strolls she usually goes to great lengths to go around us so she can keep going with a big giggle. Super cute! Anyway, it's so fun, and wonderful, and utterly fascinating.
Have a great day, happy appreciation and Earth Day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment