Soooo, Ayana has been with us for almost 2 months. And a couple of days ago (when Ellie and Regan were on the main level too) Ayana was cruising around in the living room. I had to go upstairs to get something, and she watched me go upstairs and did not freak out! And was still happy when I came back down! Yay! And yesterday I was able to pop in and out while doing stuff and she remained happy and calm! And this AM when we were alone, she was in the kitchen by the table and I said, "Mommy has to go potty." And I went to the bathroom and she did not even make a peep! And I came back out quickly and she just smiled and continued playing!!!!! Now, depending on if she is tired or hungry or whatever, I still may not be able to, but she is trusting that Mommy will always be there and will always come back which is huge. This weekend we are going to our agency in Calgary for a "show and tell". They hold mandatory workshops for prospective adoptive parents and they usually have a family come in with their adopted child or children. Well, tomorrow is our turn! We are very excited! I remember very clearly when we were at our workshop almost 3 years ago and a lady came in with her two sons, one bio and one from Haiti. It will be so nice to tell these parents the many exciting things and the things we experienced. Of course Ellie will be there too to share in her perspective.
Ayana is still cutting that other upper front tooth, and the other day I heard this noise like someone grinding their teeth, I looked around and realized that it was her doing it!!!! She only has 4 teeny tiny teeth, and they are all in the front! So I have no idea how she produces such a huge sound of grinding! But when she is doing it she just stops what ever she is into and sits there and makes this sound. I know it is probably not a good thing for her to do, but how do you stop a baby from doing it?? Anyway, it is just amazing to me. She is such a little teaser too, she will pretend to give you something and take it back and laugh and laugh. She loves to feed you stuff too, like all babies, and Ellie even ate cheerios from her little tiny hands!!! I was so excited! And with all of the stuff, "Oh, THANK YOU Ayana! Yummmmyyyy.... oh so good! Oh ANOTHER one???? THANK you, Ayana." So cute! Ellie just amazes me every single day with what an amazing sister she is. She loves to hold her and carry her around too. I had to show her how to put one hand under her bottom and one on her back and Ellie loves it when Ayana clings on to her and they walk around. Ayana hugged Ellie the other day for real, and Ellie got all teary eyed. What a lucky family we are, and I thank God every day for my wonderful husband and children.
Have a great day everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Does she have lots of chewy things for her teeth?? The grinding is definitely not good- it weakens the structure and can alter the formation according to my dentist, even if they are only baby teeth. Mal never did it, but it's one of the questions he asked me at her first check-up. He suggested a "soft" raw veggie if she started, like cuke slices.
Hi Lisa,
It's so nice to read how well things are going for you guys and Ellie and Ayana.
We had the very same issue with our daughter when we adopted her from China - she would NOT let me go to another level of the house without freaking out. It's been 3 years and there are still times she gets very upset if I leave the downstairs or upstairs without her. With her, I'm sure there will always be some insecurities and anxiety but she is doing WAY better.
I hope things continue to transition smoothly for your family! Both your girls are so beautiful and special!!!
Take care,
Tammy
PEI
Hope you had fun at show and tell day. That was my favourite part of our workshop day :)
I just had to say it again! The picture of her with the tea cup from the last post is just so very cute!!!
Post a Comment