One of my all time favourite Simpson's episodes is the one where Lisa and Bart make Homer use a swear jar. So, while he is making "Santa's LIttle Helper's dog house he hurts himself a bunch of times and the last one is him stepping on a nail which goes right thru his foot, to which he says the line which is the title of this post. Too damn funny. Now, a couple of weeks ago Regan suggested to Ellie that I should be subjected to the same punishment. Sooooo, needless to say Ellie has now collected about 24 dollars in swear money from me. Yesterday she managed to collect 8 bucks from her Dad and I. Now in my defense I will say that my swearing is normally UNDER MY BREATH to which she suddenly has developed super human hearing now that there is cashola involved. And usually I will say the "s" word if I say burn myself, or spill something, and so on. This is not directed at anyone, just general clutziness on my part. Yesterday I said the word "damn" and then Regan repeated it, and then he said it again a little later and Ellie was practically salivating with the amount of money she was making. Basically we hear a big "ka-ching" each time we curse. Ugh. Anyway, it's actually pretty funny, we always have a laugh, but I really really do not try to swear in front of my kids.... and my mother. But I am a self professed potty mouth from waaaay back. And I actually have a great affection for other women who swear (as long as it is not too over the top). So now Ellie has decided she wants to save up for a Nintendo DS as her birthday and Christmas are a very long way off, and she has already saved up 55 dollars! Not just swear money! But allowance and gifts from Grandparents etc.
Last night was Ayana's very first family gathering! It was so cute to see her with the other little kids in our family. She just wanted to be with the boys doing their thing. And she was not overly shy, just super cute. We left around 8ish and she fell asleep 2 hours past her bedtime and was in a great mood. We all tried very hard to keep her awake by singing with her, and playing with her, but right at the end despite her great efforts she was falling asleep while rocking her head to the songs we were singing. And even with daylight savings time she still woke up at the new 7AM (which was 6 AM to our bodies) and that I was very happy with as putting her to bed a the new 7PM won't be a problem.
Have a great Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What do you think of a pastor's wife that swears? Oh and he has been known to let it slip every once in a while.
R
Oh damn! You're going to go broke- or at least I would! lol
I am so glad Ayana is just sailing through each new event etc. Isn't that just a wonderful thing? Mal is very adaptable too!
Post a Comment