Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cute antics

Today Ayana said her very first real word!!!!!! I was in the office and Ayana was playing with some of her clothes that were waiting to go in the washer. She then climbed up onto her "walker" (laundry basket). Now, everytime she walks with this thing and gets stuck, we always say the same thing, "Do you need HELP?" Heavy emphasis on "help". We have been doing that for about 3 weeks. So, here I was on the computer and watching to see if she was going to put the laundry she was lifting up into the laundry basket and she turned to look at me. She then "said" a few of her little sounds and we still had eye contact, all of the sudden she said as clear as day, "Help." In a little baby accent. She said HELP!!! It was so cute and amazing I jumped up and ran to her and lifted her up (not exactly re-enforcing the idea of help, but anyway, I was excited) and said, "You said help!!! Good girl!!!" Kiss, kiss, hug, and then I put her down and helped her. I ran to the garage to tell Regan, and then her and I were playing a little later on the floor and she was looking at me really concentrating and trying different sounds and waiting for my reaction, then she said it again! It was so cool!!!! Then she was in the hallway and I was in the kitchen and she was trying her standing from the floor and was kind of doing a headstand and she was looking at me upside down between her legs. She stayed like that for about a minute! So CUTE!!! THEN she was playing with the TV remote and she lifted it up to her ear and was pretending to talk to someone!!!! Honestly, just one thing after the other. We are heading into major cute territory. I mean the learning to talk, the putting little sentences together, I just can't wait! I can't believe how much she is changing!

Last night was so wonderful with Ellie's teacher, so so wonderful! We gave her the tour and the last place we visited was Ellie's room, I then said, "I'll leave you two ladies to visit." And they were up there for 45 minutes! Miss G and Ellie really love each other, they have a very special bond, and we are more than blessed to have someone like her in our lives and a person that is such a champion for Ellie. We had a lovely dinner and then we showed her our pics from Ethiopia. It was just awesome.

Thursday night a bunch of us adoptive parents are getting together at Queen of Sheba again, and my parents are coming! That will so great to see everyone again!

Today is appreciation day. Today I appreciate my family and our wonderful night we had with Miss G. I appreciate what wonders my children are and how much Regan is really trying to help all of the time.

Have a great night everyone!

No comments: