We were literally boarding our plane for Addis when we were asked to go back to the Gate as the crew was not ready. Then 10 minuts later we were told to evacuate the entire area and return to the main lounge. We stopped a ways down as some crew were watching a television which showed a plane which had crashed landed. We are now delayed an indeterminate amount of time. The BMI lady just said, expect a LONG delay. This is a nightmare. None of us really slept and we were just sick with exhaustion. This is just aweful. ellie is very upset taht we are not going to get to go to Addis to get her sister. And she also does not want to get on "that plane" as she calls it. I have to admit, not the best thing I have ever seen. It looked like the left wing was almost ripped clean off. so far we do not know if anyone was hurt, but it is a very scary feeling let me tell you. I do not like it. We are all hanging in there and managing to have a sense of humour about it all. We are just not looking forward to a 10 hour flight after sitting around the airport for hours and hours. #
Please pray for us some more.
I'll update when \i can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thank God you weren't on that plane and you weren't hurt! Think of the big picture (I know it's hard and you're trying) and know that you'll get there!! Lori
Oh Lisa I am so sorry you are experiencing this delay. This is enough to rattle anyones cage.
I will pray for peace in all your hearts & safety in all your flights.
Just keep in mind that your going to pick up Anaya.
Hugs to you all,
Laur
Hang in there girl! I'm praying for you all and thinking about you too!
I am hoping you are in Addis now. I hope your flight is uneventful. I am thinking it is better it happened now rather than on your return flight. Being delayed is aweful but with a baby would really be unfun!
Love you lots!!!
Bless your heart! You always have to look at it as God's protection on you...even when we don't understand why. Praying!
Dear Lisa.
I hope that ou are ok and in Ethiopia with Ayana right now and that everything is good. I have been looking at your blog 4 times a day.
looking forward to hear about Ayana gotcha day :)
Chris
I thought I would check in, we are in Mexico on vacation....i am sooo hoping your guys got to Ayana already and all is well. Talk soon.
Jen
Post a Comment