




Sooooo, here we are! We arrived home at around 1am this morning. Ayana and Ellie both are amazing little travellers! To say we were exhausted is an understatement!! Ayana is just a dream baby, I cannot put it into any plainer words!!! She is firmly bonded to me in a huge way, and it is just so wonderful! I am just on cloud nine today! She is playing in her exersaucer right beside me!! In the next few days I will be writing the story of our trip to bring our Ayana home, but for now I will let pictures tell a bit of the story. Ayana is just the easiest happiest baby, and I have to say that Ellie is an incredibly doting sister!! Holy moly! Ellie took took all of the pictures from both of her disposable cameras at the transition home, taking them of Ayana, and me and she really wanted to get one of all of the nurses but I said that they were all working. I am so proud of her! She was just such a trooper! She was sad and did not want to leave Ethiopia. Ayana's first smile ( and it was a big one!) was for her big sister Ellie. We were in the van after we had taken Ayana with us and Ayana was on my lap looking back at Ellie. Next thing I know she is smiling like crazy and Ellie and Mom were like "Oooh she's smiling!! She's smiling!!" And I look back and Ellie was crying with happiness, she just kept saying," I'm crying with joy. I'm so happy!" She cried a few times with happiness. Anyway, some of the pictures Ellie took, including my favourite one of me and Ayana at the transition home.
Enjoy!

16 comments:
What beautiful girls you have!!! And what a sensitive spirit Ellie has! Ayana is blessed to have her as an older sister!
Welcome home!
What a beautiful story Lisa and the photos are WONDERFUL! I am so EXCITED to hear about your story and experience in Ethiopia when you have an opportunity to post about it!
I am so glad that you are home safely! I was thinking about you every day and sending you blessings like crazy!
She is an absolute DOLL!! Can't wait for more pictures and a story or two about your adventure.
Ellie, I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip to get your baby sister. It sounds like you are a very good big sister!
Aliica
okay...I feel like I have been waiting for this post and these pictures forever!! I'm SO glad that you are finally home with AYana. She is just too too cute!! ANd I'm so glad that her and Ellie are getting along so great...and that she is just lovin her mama!!! I can't wait to hear more and see more pics!!! I'm so glad that you are all home together!!!! wooohoooo!!!!
Omg!!! How gorgeous is she???? Wow!!! So happy to see you guys together at last!
These are lovely and Ayana is s lucky to have you, as you are to have her! Can't wait for the rest of the story!! Blessings on your wonderful family
I love them all!!! Congratulations again!!!
Welcome home! It is SO wonderful to see you all together at last! Your post makes me teary-eyed. Congratulations to you all!
Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!
Wow - she is absolutely beautiful! Each of you are "glowing" in the photos! Congratulations!!
Barb
Congratulations!! Your girls are beautiful. I have followed your story off and on through Cindy and couldn't be happier for you all! :)
Lisa I am so happy you are all home safe & sound. Ayana is absolutely perfect & she looks like she is perfectly molded to her Mommy.
Congratulations & Welcome Home!
Laurie
Welcome Home!!
Welcome home! Can't wait to read all about your trip! your girls are gorgeous! Glad to hear that both travelled so well and that Ayana is bonded to you already!!!
Sandi
Welcome back Jemus family! You all look so happy in the pictures...little Ayana is so sweet and precious! It'll take a few days to feel back to normal with jetlag - I hope things continue to go smoothly! Can't wait to see more pics!
Take care,
Tammy M.
PEI
Yay, welcome home - I've been stalking every day to see updates and obviously you weren't able to post from Addis! I cannot wait to hear your stories - you all look tired and precious! :)
Post a Comment