

Friends of mine JUST got back from Addis with their baby girl, and they took pictures of AYANA!!! She also said that the staff were VERY excited to show her to them! And that she is very tall! And is pulling herself up in her crib. She also said that she doesn't like to give out smiles to easily, which is not the worst thing in the world. She is cautious of new people which is good to know! She said that she was wearing 6 to 12 months clothes and had a bit of room to spare. This just touches me heart!!! She also said it was no problem getting a German Visa for thier daughter. Grrrr... I now wish we were flying thru Frankfurt!!! But it would be a MAJOR hassle to change hers and my ticket because they are paper. And it would cost about 500 bucks to change. I don't know, I need to just think about that for a bit. It might be worth the hassle and the money to NOT have to leave the airport at 4am and therefore the guest house at 1am. i dont' know.
Speaking of leaving. As usual I couldn't sleep. Finally fell asleep around midnight. And of course (and this is where you guys are going to get a peek into my neurotic mind) thinking about disasters. You know, flight crashes, deadly diseases, general thoughts of what could go wrong with stuff. This happens to me EVERY time I get on a plane. Yes even to Disney. Once I am on a plane for about 20 minutes I am fine. Then I can relax. But I never like flying over an ocean. And then I started thinking about Addis. And the decision to bring Ellie. And what if she gets sick? What if, what if, what if????!!!! I think it is pretty normal to worry about taking a child to a foreign country like Ethiopia. All I can do now is pray. And pray to God that we all get back safely, and healthy. My Mom too, I worry about her getting sick, or being just run down from the looong flights. Not that she is fragile, she is a strong strappin' lady, but I just worry about those two gals! Anyway, in 3 sleeps we are leaving and we will soon be there and Ayana will soon be with us. Everything will be fine as it always is, and we will return in great health. I know that. I suppose it is an unnatural thing for the subconscience mine to process... getting in a metal tube and flying 30000 feet in the air.
Today is Sunday. We are going to go to church, and then get Ellie some comfy pants for the trip. And then we are going to RELAX. Have a very relaxed day. Not do ANYTHING related to packing, organizing or cleaning. No sir-ee!
Have a great day!

8 comments:
Seriously that is a beautiful baby girl! I love that her hair is longer! You guys are going to do great and althought the flight times sound like they totally suck it will be so wonderful to get that little girl to her forever home!
We had to be up at 3:30am when we left for Mexico and I dreaded that the most out of the whole trip. But it worked out OK! Although neither kid slept on the plane!
Lisa
Ayana is beautifil! Boy her hair has grown!!!! Just think, within days you will know every finger and every toe, just as it was your own!
PS - I think the same things about disaster and traveling with our 5 year old ---its a mom thing!!
Lisa- NS
Your daughter is very beautiful- we are from PEI and have been following your blog. We hope that you have a safe trip and wish you all the best in bringing your daughter home!!
Carolyn Peters
Your daughter is so beautiful! We are from PEI and have been following your blog. Hope that you have a safe trip and we wish you all the best as you travel to bring your daughter home.
Carolyn Peters
Awwww those eyes!!! I could just melt away in them :)
SOOO cute! You are going to have so much fun with those curls!!
Awwwwwwwe! What a little SWEETIE!!
Soon... you will be taking the pictures!!
Oh MY, look how she is changing and growing!! She a doll! Lisa, I know it's normal to worry, but Ellie will be fine if you are careful with water/ice and make sure food is from a good restaurant (never street vendor etc). Kidan's mama and papa took their 2 boys- one Ellie's age and NOT ONCE did they get sick in the 2 weeks. You're doing the right thing bringing her :)
Post a Comment