Sunday, January 6, 2008

Fun!

Yesterday Ethiopian Christmas party was really great! It was really well planned, and so much for the kids! They had the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Children's choir perform, a clown, and a floor hockey game for the kids: the Calgary Flames and the Addis Ababa Flames! So cute! It was so wonderful having my parents there, they really enjoyed watching all of the little ones toddling around. Super cute!! And we had some Ethiopian food, and my folks were able to try it for the first time. Ellie had a blast, and ran around with the kids the entire time, we hardly saw her. On the way home she said, " I really like ____ and ____" And I said, "I know aren't they great kids?" And she said, "And you know what? I can talk to them about our adoption, and they understand. I can't really talk to my friends at school much about it because they don't understand." That really warmed our hearts.

Anyway, we are still in our PJ's, and not feeling very motivated. We are the "lazy family" this holiday for some reason.

Have a great SUnday!
I'll post some pics from the party later today.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hey Lisa
will you send me your email addy and I will add you to my private blog. Weezyreid@yahoo.ca

I hope you hear very soon that your visa has arrived!!!
Louise

D & S said...

Hi Lisa! I'm glad you had fun at the party. Having lazy days is just fine, I think every Sunday should be like that.