Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Ganna!

Today is Ethiopian Christmas! Here is a link to what this holiday is all about! CHRISTMAS IN ETHIOPIA.

This morning I am feeling.... impatient. I want my baby home. Sigh. Being at the party on Sat was wonderful, but Regan and I both agreed, it makes the wait a bit harder. Seeing all of those beautiful little ones, and not having ours with us is tough. At one point there was this beautiful little girl who is 2 sitting on our table. I was playing "high five/low five" with her and she was smiling like crazy and laughing. Now, granted, if ANY 2 year old was sitting literally a foot from me on a table I would have played with them, but this one hit me right in the 'ol heart strings. She was so sweet. I have not heard anything today. I couldn't sleep, was literally up pretty much all night, not anything in particular, likely it is the full moon looming for Tues that kept me up. But I ALMOST called the HC at 3 am. But I figured, with the country still in turmoil it would be selfish of me. I think, though, if there is no visa in 2 weeks time I will call to follow up. Now that I have the magic "B" number, I can inquire on our file.

I can't wait until Ellie is back in school. Not because I don't want her home, I actually love having her around all day, mostly it is because for the first time ever she has a very very late bedtime. She goes to bed around 10, and sleeps until around 9. This means I am up until midnight or so, and then I am up around 9. This is too late in the day. It drives me crazy! And plus, I miss having my "time" at night. Normally she is asleep around 830-900 and I stay up for an hour or so after, then we are both up at 730 or so. She goes to school and I get on with my day. I think I thrive more on routine than she does! Anyway, she has this week off and then she is in school and Regan is working on a show for a month. YAY! I can get back into the swing of things and be motivated for once!

Anyway, have a very happy Monday, and Ganna!

No comments: