Okay, so still a LITTLE excited over here. After spending the ENTIRE day trying to figure out flights and such, mainly for Ayana's ticket, I think I got it figured out. I phoned Air Canada and they totally came thru in a huge way. I am just so AWAKE! It reminds me of when I was pregnant with Ellie a couple of weeks before she was born and I was cleaning and cleaning at 11 at night. I told my Mom the next day and she just said, "Uh HUH." It was cute. I have pretty much gotten Ayana's stuff for the suitcase, the donations are packed, and now I am going to lug our giant suitcase and pack her stuff in it to see how much room I'll have for my own clothes. :)
Ellie talked about her all day today. It was so cute! She is just figuring out little things in her head. Like out of the blue she'll just say stuff. "So, I hope when Ayana is 7 they'll still have the show "That's so Raven" cuz it's about a black family, and she would like that!" And "I could make her laugh cuz I know how to dance really crazy, I make my friends laugh." "I can't WAIT to introduce her to all of my friends! Can you bring her to school my first day back, Mom? So everyone can meet her???!!" I say sure! And she says, "Oh but so-and -so, they take the bus, they'll miss her! Can you bring her into my CLASS?" I said I would ask her teacher. And "On the plane, when you are busy with the baby, I can listen to my ipod!" On and on, it was so ADORABLE!!! Anyway, we will be staying at the New Flower guest house. We have rented out the entire top floor. The first night when we arrive (if we still go on Wed and not Thurs) we will be sharing a room, but after that we will be moving on up to the top floor where there is 3 bedrooms and a bathroom and a balcony off the master bedroom. Ellie is very excited about having her own room, and it will be great for my Mom too to have some privacy. We are going to stay longer, if we can book it, because when I broke it down we would...arrive in Addis at 3 am on Friday, we would probably go to the transition house later that day for a visit. Then Sat we would get AYANA!!! And take her with us!!!! And that day we will probably go to the pool or do something pretty low key. And then that just leaves Sun and Mon and then we leave on Tues! Not enough time!!! So we are going to try to come home on Friday. That way we have a couple days of seeing some museums and shopping and learning to cook Ethiopian from the guest house ladies!!!
Seriously, how am I going to sleep. REally. I am not even remotely kidding. Sigh. I am just SO EXCITED!! In a little over a week, I AM GOING TO HOLD MY BABY GIRL IN MY ARMS! She is going to be brought in by a beautiful caregiver, and we are going to get to see her amazing face in person!!!!! Will she be scared? Maybe. I hope not. But she might cry hysterically. I hope she is just more curious, than scared. Who knows. Lots of babies have reacted lots of ways. I have the same dream every mother has... that she will melt into me. But I am also prepared if she is stiff and back archy and stuff. I am trying not to picture it too much, so that it just happens on it's own. Anyway, I can hardly hardly hardly believe that the day has FINALLY FINALLY COME!! We are going to ETHIOPIA!!!! Regan was SO bummed he couldn't be here, but it's probably good he isn't. He gets all irritated at me when I am like this, all excited and talking about what we'll do, how it will go, wondering about what she'll be like, how many bottles and diapers to take!!!
I am going to go now. Eventhough I just want to talk and talk and talk!!!
Sweet dreams everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Again... I just have to say HURRAY!
It is SO wonderful that so very very soon Ayana will be with you!! What an incredible gift!
[When I saw the visa had arrived, I told all my co-workers, and then called Chris... so that's at least another 10 people who are so excited for all of you!]
Next time I see you... there will be one more!
Woohoo!
Bon Voyage!!!
Congratulations, Lisa! What an amazing day for you. I TOLD you that you would be next!! Just didn't realize it would be that fast! *smile*
LOL! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that post! I am so happy for you (hence the wanting to cry) and I love that you are so EXCITED and can't sleep! I can't wait to know what this feels like!! ENJOY IT!!!
You make me smile! I am so over the moon happy for all of you guys. This has been a long road to bring you to your baby. Enjoy every second, write everything you see, feel, smell, etc..all in a little book to remember it by!
The next time we meet for lunch we will need a highchair!!!!!
How funny... I'm the same way and it drives my husband crazy. Talk, talk, talk, about what to expect etc. Good for you! I'm already taking tylenol pm everynight for my adoption insomnia and we don't even have our referral yet!!
Post a Comment