So Regan is home now. Thank God! And we have been jabbering away about everything we need to do around here for when we come home, what to do for the actual trip, stuff that we want to do while we are there, how hard it is going to be for him to work for 3 weeks when we come back! On and on! He is already insisting that we are adopting another one after Ayana, A BOY who is about 5 years old. He has it all figured out. Anyway, it is so awesome. Honestly. Did I mention it was awesome? He even said, cuz of course I kept asking him, "Are you EXCITED?? ARE YOU??? HUH HUH??!!!" And he was straight face. "No." teasing. So then later I said, "Hon, we are going to AFRICA!" And he said, "I don't care where I am going, I'm getting a DAUGHTER!" It was so sweet. We just looked at eachother and laughed when we started going over all of the stuff we have to lug out of the basement and garage... high chair, play pen, car seat... the STUFF! It's a lot of stuff. Oh yeah, STROLLER! Regan just burst out laughing while shaking his head. In the car he was saying, "I'm so out of practice, hon!" We are both feeling that wonderful anxiety of parenthood. I feel still dazed and confused, but getting stuff done. I am making lots of lists. I also have, in my hot little hands, AYANA'S PAPER TICKET!!!!! While the guy was typing it up, I was just staring off in the distance. I had my hands folded on the counter, and thinking, "Oh my God! I am getting her ticket! I'll have her TICKET!" And I felt the hot sting of tears in my eyes, and thought, this guy is going to think I am a lunatic if I start bawling at his counter. It was a great moment. The only thing is, we are dreading the flying part. I think I may have mentioned that. I mean really, it is going to be nasty. But we already said we just have to try to sleep when we can, walk around a lot, play cards, and hopefully get the bassinet and bulk head for BOTH legs of the journey home. That would be a life saver. Anyone who can give me tips on how to make that happen would be an angel. Can we do it ahead of time?? We also have a stop in Aman Jordon for 55 min, we may debark for a bit, which would be FINE to stretch our legs. And it is neat for Ellie to say, "Hey! I'm in JORDON!" She has become quite the world traveller over the last 2 years! Mexico! Germany! Disneyland! Africa!! Oh and let us not forget... Saskatchewan!
The forcast in Addis is very nice! 23 degrees C in the day and 8 degrees at night. Perfect as far as we are concerned.
I talked to KL today about how things usually work. We arrive at 3 am on Friday. We will be picked up by the KL rep (usually a lovely man named Solomon), and he will take us to the guest house to possibly sleep. Later that day, not sure when, we will go to the Transition House to MEET AYANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will spend a few hours there getting to know her and I can hug some of the babies and kids of some friends of mine (Can't wait!) It meant so much to hear all about Ayana from other people who actually held her and saw her! Then we go back to the guest house and do what we like. I am sure we will still be very tired. We then hopefully have a good sleep that first real night. ( I am praying!) And then the next day we.........TAKE AYANA WITH US FOR GOOD!!!!!!! We are given all of her documents and we say goodbye to the caregivers and staff and off we go with our new life and new family. I am actually getting teary writing this. I cannot believe this is happening!! It's funny what people say, you wait and wait and wait and wait until you think you can't wait any more, then you wait some more, then all of the sudden BOOM you are running around screwing in baby gates and baby latches and booking flights and buying purell and flying and then you are holding your little precious baby you've waited so long to see. And well, I am not there yet, so I am not sure how that will go. I just hope she is not too scared, and i hope it is not hard on Ellie either. Regan said that he believes the kids will be just fine, and I think so too. And the fact that my Mom is travelling aaaaaalll that way with us to share in this journey is beyond words. BEYOND WORDS. She is going to be in AFRICA! A place she has dreamt of going her whole life! And she is going to be a part of Ayana's GOTCHA DAY just like she was there in the room when Ellie was born. We are so honored she is sharing this with us. I just hope the trip isn't too hard on her either.
We went to the Science Center again today because Ellie had a playdate. Now we are home and her little friend and her are playing Wii and I am waiting for pizza. This is our last weekend in Canada as a family of 3! Isn't that something????!!!
Have a wonderful Friday everyone! And thank you so much for all of your encouraging thoughts, prayers and words you give to me! And thank you for following our story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You sound sooo excited! I'm thrilled for you...
The thing I am dreading the most is the flight home, as well. We'll have a baby and a toddler and I can NEVER sleep on a plane and I ALWAYS get a migraine when I fly. But, I still know that I will get through it.
What I think will be the saving grace for both of us are the "big sisters". When people ask if we are bringing Molly with us, I always reply that I would bring Molly before my husband (joking, of course)! I really believe that Ellie and Molly will make this trasition so much easier for thier new little siblings. You're lucky to have such a great helper...
Love the post.... Love the last minute panic of packing and getting teary over everything and the thought of the next week at this time you are with your daughter!!! :)
Thats sooo cool Lisa that Regan is sooo excited!! I bet he can't wait to get that little girl of his in his arms...ofcourse neither can you! You talking about flights etc, brings me right back to our time of travelling. Some info about flying...You won't be allowed off the plane in Amman but you can get up and walk around. It will be night so you won't see much. I was surprised by all the lights in the city. (on the return flight you will see more of Jordan). Try and get bulkhead. Nathaniel was too big for bulkhead on the AC flight and BMI had no bassinets. But the bulkhead was great because he could play on the floor in front of us.
YAY for pulling all the stuff out ...how fun!!!
Louise
I love reading your blog it's like being inside your head! You are so real. I just love it!
It's happening, it's real, you are going to get your little girl!
Grant and Regan are so much the same too. I guess they have to be to be married to us! LOL
I love that Regan is so excited!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment