Thursday, January 10, 2008

BOOKED AND PAID FOR!!!

We are BOOKED PEOPLE!!!!!! Now I can officially get excited!!!! Tomorro when I pick up Reg from the airport I will pay for and pick up Ayana's paper ticket. I also have to trade my e-ticket to a paper one. It's weird, but at least they know what they are doing!!!

You know what else is weird? Yesterday afternoon while I was in booking hell, the phone rang. It was the reporter wondering what our decision was about her travelling to Ethiopia with us. It was just so bizarre that yesterday the day we found out about her visa that is when she phoned! (insert Twilight Zone theme here). Anyway, after discussing it with Regan and even Ellie said, "This should be family only, Mom." We decided not to. She was disappointed but completely understood. I really like this girl! And we are going to see her when we get back. I can't wait to find out who her family is going to be, though!

I feel so out of it. I am amazed I am getting any normal day-to-day stuff done. I am in a fog. Paying bills, making sure everything is sorted out before we leave, rescheduling all of Ellie's activities. You know... life stuff. Yesterday I didn't even get the dishes done. I was lucky I even fed us!! I did, however, manage to make an excellent chocolate cake (with Ellie's help) from scratch and we ate 1/2 of it yesterday. When I say "we" I really mean "me". Okay, Ellie helped. But I think I needed it more.

We managed to do something fun today, though, we went swimming. It was so awesome! My girl is so beautiful and hilarious, and we had a blast. Her little skinny minny self in her two peice flying down the water slide. What a girl!!

I am actually starting to pack my stuff now. It occured to me that I will be packing mostly summer stuff which I don't need at the moment. When I look at our itinerary I cringe. UGH!! How does ANYONE survive this trip!~!! The longest flight I have taken is 10 hours from Hawaii to Australia. And now we are doing that BACK TO BACK!!! It is 8 hours and 55 min to London, and then 10 hours and 45 minutes to ETHIOPIA!! Yes you read that right. There are no typos here, folks, no siree. We have a short layover of just under 2 hours in London and then we are back on a plane. And on the way back? Same thing only worse, we come thru Toronto first. Double ugh. But you know what??? IT'S WORTH IT!!! Good thing we all love flying!

As you can see I am back up to my usual evening jittery excitable self. I just want to talk and talk and talk. But instead I am going to go and play video games. And eat cake.

3 comments:

Mamato2 said...

Lisa, this is such an amazing time. I ma glad you are blogging it; it will be cool to look back. I want to commend you for your decision to take Ellie. I know some people financially cannot, so am not knocking them, but think it is sooo important that the other children, already in the family, be part of the WHOLE process, including the moment you set foot on Ethipian soil, see the TH, see Ayana, hold Ayana. You are giving Ellie a precious, precious memory.
Blessings on you, Regan, Ellie and your waiting angel.

Danielle said...

Jittery, excited, sitting up all night eating cake - EXACTLY how I'm sure I am going to react to Zia's visa being in too! You are too funny Lisa! I'm so excited for you!

Louise said...

The nice part is that you have a little break in the stop over before reaching Addis? We touched down in Jordan (Amman). After others got off...we had whole rows to ourselves because there were only 40 or so people left who were actually going to Addis in a plane that seated 200. So lots of room to stretch out and sleep that last 5 hours or so.
Also the food on both planes were actually good (especially the London to Addis flights (can you say cheescake..yumm).
Its long but bearable. And when you get into Addis...take a big whiff of that air..smells like nothing you have ever smelt before. And the sounds and sights are all so different (ya I miss it can you tell!)
Louise