Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Queen of Cool


Apparently I have finally hit the catagory of cool. Stand back everybody! Let the Queen of Cool pass by! According to Ellie and all of her little 8 year old girlfriends, I am "SO COOL"! What makes me cool? A couple of months back, Ellie and I were watching one of the million kids shows on tv, it was called "Drake and Josh". When they showed who Drake and Josh were I said, "Oh my God! It's Drake!!!" She was like, "Huh? Of course that's Drake, Mom, it's called Drake and Josh?" I could just hear the "Duh?!" tone in her voice. Monster. Anyway, I said, "No, Ellie, I mean that is DRAKE BELL! I worked with him when he was about 11 years old!!!" And I immediately went into our office and dug thru all of our work photos and triumphantly pulled out this photo of me and Drake. She said, "Really??? Wow!!! That really IS him!" And then I told her I also had a video that we put together from the footage that his Dad shot on a little camcorder while we were filming, and it had quite a bit of Drake in it. She was just blown away. Then when we took her little friend to Chuck E Cheese the other day, I was being extremely entertained by their 8 year old conversations in the back about this and that. And I am not invited to participate, in case you didn't know, that would be NOT cool. I am just THE DRIVER. Oh and the lady with the cash, you know? Anywho, next thing I know Ellie says very proud that HER MOM worked with DRAKE BELL when he was LITTLE and has VIDEO of him and EVERYTHING!!! And the little girl that was with us, says in an almost whisper... "Woah. That is AMAZING!" Me. Finally hit the cool stratisphere. That lasted for about 5 minutes then I was religated to driver/money bags, and all was right with the world.


I finished the sketch of the mural. I changed the two little boys in it to a Ayana with two pigtail puffs and Ellie holding her hand. I hope I don't screw it up trying to paint it! I am feeling better today. Yesterday I looked thru some of my adoption books on the waiting section and read some other folks stories on the "waiting". Just made me feel a whole lot better! And I am VERY excited to meet up with some of the other folks on Tues at the Ethiopian restaraunt. Especially my friends little baby that they just picked up about 2 weeks ago!!


Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Mamato2 said...

Love this story!! I can just see Ellie lighting up over her "cool" mama! Would love to see pics of the mural as a work in progress :)

Jenn said...

Isn't it nice to be cool, even if it only for a second... I am buying a new car and have decided to get the one Tyler wants me to, only because he said that would "be awesome"...it's a strange child-parent peer pressure.