Sometimes I just can't think of what to title a post, you know? Anyway, I just saw pics of this woman's gotcha day in Ethiopia last week. Her baby and Ayana are in the same room. I can't wait until it is our day! The pouch was not open on Friday, so it will be open on Monday, but I also heard via the yahoo grapevine that the High Commision is on some sort of a holiday. I have to admit that today the waiting is really really getting to me. I know this is perfectly normal, but today is tough. I am at the MAD stage, with frustration. Which I am sure will melt into sad, and then acceptance etc. It is like going thru the 5 stages of grief on a regular basis! It's tough as the two families that are there right now picking up their kids were only a couple of weeks ahead of us, but now we are weeks and weeks and possible months behind them because of stupid immigration. Theoretically as I said before, we could have been leaving in 3 weeks. Now it looks more like 2 months. Sigh. More chocolate for me. Aaaahhhh... much better.
Yesterday I worked for my sister and scholastic education running a booth. I got to spend the day surrounded by books! So I took the time (it was a bit slow) to read some of the new stuff coming out. This is the arm of scholastic that deals with curriculum based books for schools, not the book club stuff you get from the classroom. Never-the-less, there is a catalogue with lots and lots of books in it, and many many multicultural and African based ones, so I had fun ear marking some pages for a future order for Ayana. Not that she doesn't have enough books already!
Today I am going to start working on the mural in her room. I'm just going to sketch it in pencil and then figure out the painting part later. Hopefully it all works out, if not I can always paint over it!
Have a great Saturday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm thinking that you'll have Ayana home sooner rather than later. Not months - weeks from now! (I'm trying this new 'positive' thing, is it working? LOL)
Hoping to hear of good news soon! :-)
Post a Comment