Saturday, October 6, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Ellie and I are heading up to Edmonton today. Regan is already there as he worked yesterday on a show up there. We'll be back on Monday, so I won't be posting anything until then.

Yesterday I got a call to work on the same pilot that Regan is doing. Even after my boss HEARD BOTH of my messages on my home machine and my cell phone specifically stating I am NOT available for work right now, he still just had to ask. Anyway, there is noone out there to work, and I have great respect for this person, and it's only for 9 days, and my wonderful Mom said she would look after Ellie for me.. and since we don't know what work there will be after this for Regan, I've decided to do it. It's not so bad, I work for 5 days and then 3 days off, and then 4 days. The last pilot I did the hours were BRUTAL but I had one of the best times of my career, due to sleep deprivation we just laughed and laughed. This on is called "Cowgirls". I haven't read the script yet, but it has an ensemble cast of about 10, which means that there will be 10 actors getting roughly equal screen time, which means I am going to be very busy constantly getting actors ready and changing them for scenes. I think this little project couldn't have come at a better time. Just the other day, I thought, you know? The only way to bust out of this funk I am in of waiting burn out, is to work. When I work the hours are so long, and I am so exhausted that I have no time to think about life outside of what I am doing. And when I finally collapse into bed I sleep like the dead for 6 hours and get up and do it all over again. So this will help 2 weeks to pass by very quickly. Ellie was not thrilled about it, just because she would rather me be home, but I explained that we were not sure if Dad had another job after this one and that this is one of those times when Mommy has to work a bit. I wonder what kind of impression she is getting of work life with our crazy lifestyle? She definately is in the loop of when we have a slow year and have to watch our dollars. And I don't think it hurts for her to realize that sometimes it is necessary for Mommy's to have a job and bring home the preverbial bacon.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!

1 comment:

Mamato2 said...

Want to trade jobs for a while? I would LOVE to experience the hustle, bustle etc of the big screen/small screen life. You know I teach right? But, for a while there was headed in that direction. I have been in over 30 musical and dramatic productions as the lead or co-lead. Ah, what could have been! lol