Sunday, September 23, 2007
About my shower that my bestfriend wanted to have for me, I have told her I want to wait until Ayana is home so everyone can meet her. And I want to have an "open house", not a traditionaly shower as we have everything we need for her. We are going to have African food and music and it will be an afternoon event where people can drop by and say hi and see the baby. If people want to bring anything, they can make an item donation to be sent to her orphanage, or cash if that is easier and we will purchase items to donate. This will not be until the new year as everyone will be busy getting ready for Christmas. Which brings me to my next thing. I will be planning a Beads for Life party soon, so stay tuned. This is the organization I was telling you that you get beads from African that women make and sell them and all of the proceeds get sent back to Uganda directly to the womens' hands. It is fantastic. Here is the website: http://www.beadforlife.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We too were thinking of having an open house...just makes it so much easier...and we don't need anything for JUdah so there is no point in presents...wishing I could attend yours!!!
Post a Comment