I am in shock.. Ellie actually feel asleep at 8 pm tonight! I am sooo glad. She needs her sleep, that girl. Anyway, life is so weird. I haven't had a job offer for a couple of weeks, and today... three! CRAZY! One is for the german series that shoots here, but it's for 45 shooting days which would be from this Monday till the end of October. I just couldn't do it. There is just too much to do from now until then! When I work I am working and nothing else. Literally. I go to work in the wee wee hours of the morning and come back very late at night. Collapse into bed and sleep for about 5 or 6 sometimes less hours and then up very early and do that day after day after day until the movie is over. So there is literally no time to do anything else. And then I got a call to do what's called "daycall", which I love too, when a show just needs an extra AD with experience to help out on heavy cast days or extras days. So i got a call to work next Mon and Tues on Passchendaele. If my mom could take Ellie I'll probably do that one. I am sooo lucky to have her!!! I could never do this job if it wasn't for my Mom!!! And then about 5 min ago a person I haven't worked for for YEARS just called me for a commercial this Friday! It's just awesome. I am very very very lucky. Recently I was worrying because I have said "no" A LOT in the past 7 or 8 months that people will stop calling. A common worry in our business.. and it does happen. Plus I have really really been itching to get back to work a bit. I miss the actual work and especially all of the people. I just love them all. We are all very much an extended family, and we've all been thru a lot of crazy things together. When I do daycall, I am usually only there for a few days, sometimes a couple of weeks like on "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee" last year, and I spend the first day hugging and catching up with people! I just love it! I never take what I do for granted, I worked too darn hard to get there, and it is extremely to hard to break into.
Now that I have my dear girl in bed so early, I think I am going to go read my book! Small things excite me now a days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment