Sooo I am working tomorro, and on Monday/Tuesday. Which is good. And I am excited... sort of. I have this strange thing when it comes to work... ambivilance. It's mostly because of the hours, you know? For EG: tomorro is going to be a relatively short day... I will start aroun 7am and be at Mom's to pick up Ellie around 930 pm. And I have to bring her over there tonight as I have to leave so early in the AM. But it's for only one day... normally that would be an every day thing and add on a couple of hours. Next week it's same, not too bad, actually. Probably 530 or 6 am start and then home by 10pm. But again... only for 2 days. Usually after I do a few days of it, I then re-appreciate my job at home. Which is my favourite job of all. But what working a little bit gives me is peace of mind when, for example, Ellie and I go for dinner (like last night) or if I want to buy a book, or if we go to a movie (which is expensive!). So for that I am very grateful. And it gives Ellie a chance to miss me a little bit... which doesn't hurt either. AND the best part is that my Mom and Ellie can spend some quality time together, which they both love and is so awesome. It makes me feel so great that they are so close.
One of the gals in my agency picked up her son from Ethiopia yesterday!!! She is still there today and will be for about a week, but she said the orphanage is awesome, extremely clean and that the staff are amazing. It is so nice to hear first hand accounts of how things are over there. I can't wait to hear all about it when she comes back!
I went for a run today.. if you can call it that. It is amazing how fast the body can screech to a grinding couch riding halt when you don't run for a few weeks. At minute 3 my lungs were feelin' it. But minute 7 I had to walk, my lungs were screaming! BRUTAL! And it is only because I have to be on my feet for 12 hours tomorro that I didn't run again after walking. Didn't want to risk injuring myself. I just felt that the last week or so I was very edgy and short tempered. Not with anyone I know, exactly, just by stupid things like dropping something I was carrying or someone cutting me off, or you know little annoyances like that. And I realized when I was exercising more regularily that I was more calm and peaceful inside. So it is more of a mental health issue at the moment, rather than a fitness issue. Part of it too is the 'ol negative self talk a person does when they fall off of the exercise wagon too... I get so mad at myself for not doing it, and then I feel guilty, and then I make up some lame excuse why I couldn't possibly have exercised today! This AM I ALMOST didn't go because I had such a crappy sleep. But before I went to bed I completely psyched myself up for going and that seemed to work. Besides, once LuLu Lemon is on my body... well, you just gotta run.
Today I am in search of some toy called a Havoc Helli. It's a remote control Helicopter (small). And Ellie has worked hard earning points around here to buy one. I hope I can track one down. She also informed me that she is going to ask Santa for a Nintendo Wii. Oh Santa... I hope he can find one of those! Good thing he has the next 6 months to line that up!
Have a terrifac day, everyone! I will not be writing anything till Sat. probably, unless I feel particularily energetic when I get home tomorro night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hoping you find LOTS of energy for your upcoming work days! They sound LONG! But I'm sure you'll love a little break from your 'mom life'!! But very glad to come back to it!!!
Post a Comment