So Ellie's teacher is a bit of a drill sargent. I feel soooo bad for her. No touchy feeliness there, I tell ya. I meet with her next week and even I'M scared! What a departure for 2 years with Miss G who is the most nurturing, loving while still able to be strict, teacher ever. So needless to say, Ellie is hating school. She like all the cool stuff that she is learning, and all of her friends (of course), but school? Two words.... YU--CKY. Too bad. I know that every once in a while you have to get a bit of a crab but it's tough to listen to. It's not like the class size is huge, she only has 17 kids in her class! Anyway, only 10 and a half months to go. :)
I have been thinking. I'm wondering what is with the trend of children calling all adults (except any adults in school) by their first names. I find it so strange. With Ellie, I at least have her call that person "Miss so and so" or " Mr. add-his-first-name-here". But I find that all of her little friends, and any neighborhood kids and basically any kids I meet all call me Lisa. Not that I don't like it, I actually don't mind, really, but I still think it is a bit odd. It doesn't bother me at all when kids call me Lisa, but it bothers me when Ellie calls adults by the first name only. And if I try to get her to call them by thier last name.. fuh-get-about-it, they INSIST she call them by thier first name. My parents have friends who I STILL call by thier last name, and I could never even IMAGINE uttering their first names. Some of them have begged us to call them their name, and I just can't. On little boy in Ellie's school has always called me Mrs. (my last name). It is SOOOOO CUTE. I guess i am a little bit old fashioned that way. I know it makes the world that much more casual and comfortable. Kind of like the auntie thing. After Ellie was born suddenly everyone around her was an auntie or an Uncle. When she was old enough to ask she asked me who in fact really WERE her aunt and uncle, so I explained it. My best friend of 27 years and her husband are aunt and uncle, and their son is like her brother. Anyway, just my thoughts on this topic.
My computer is acting strange. I am having much anxiety about this. Evertime something wierd happens I freak out! It is probably the only thing in my life that can send me into instant major stress mode --this stupid computer. Anyway, two other people I know with blogger blogs I can't read them. Everytime I log onto them I get kicked off to this strange google page, and a tag on the end of their blog address that reads....///robots.txt. Doesn't sound very good, does it. I have about 10 blogger blogs that I read and this is only happening to two of them. One of them is someone I know and i asked her and she is not having that problem with her blog or anyone elses. If anyone else out there has the foggiest idea what this could be please tell me! And if it is a virus or worm or something equally as creepy I will freak out! ( but tell me anyway, k?)
Can't wait for updated pics of Ayana. I think I said that before. We have her pic all over our house. What a little muffin tin.
Anyway, have a terrifac Wednesday everyone1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment