Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Can't think of a title for this post


Hey there! Well, it is one week today that we found out that Ayana is legally ours! Still so so happy! Yesterday Ellie had her audition for the next level with the Calgary Girls Choir (she made it, yay!) and at the end of her audition with her teacher she whispered "What about my baby sister? Can we tell her?" I said of course! And she proudly told her teacher all about Ayana. I cannot express my joy at how excited Ellie is. It is so wonderful. Even yesterday, we were driving home and I was telling her how proud I was of her, and what a great daughter, friend, etc. that I felt she was. And she says, "AND big sister!" It is so awesome. I know there will be a few bumps in the road once the reality of what that means sinks in after a few days or weeks of Ayana being home. But I hope they are small bumps, and easily navigatable.


Yesterday was a cleaning day. Everytime I clean my house I say... okay, NEXT time I am going to REALLY clean, you know? I clean in the way that people say is "a lick and a promise". But I did actually clean the front of my kitchen appliances, and my cupboards. Wow. I know, I better take a nap.


It is chilly here lately. I love it. I am one of those people that prefers cooler weather. Nothing makes me happier than to throw on a sweater. Nothing says cozy and contentment like a big bulky loose sweater. Makes me want to read and drink tea.


Speaking of reading. Amazon recommended this book to me, it's called "Water for Elephants". The premise sound cool, and the cover is georgous! I am a total sucker for a good cover. I am a total marketers dream! Anyway, I am TRYING to not buy any books right now as we are trying to not spend too much extra money. We are going to be buying tickets to Ethiopia for all three of us, and not to mention another ticket for Ayana on the way home, so I am trying to be a good girl. Is there such a thing as Book Buyers Anonymous?? Well, there should be. Not to mention that I literally have at LEAST 200 if not more brand new books that I have bought over the years that I have yet to read. I have gotten to the point where I have to hide the chapters bags and reciepts when I get home. It's a sickness. I am powerless against it. I think that's the first step isn't it? Last night I started "Kiterunner". I have had this book for ages and thought I had better finally read it. It's supposed to be amazing. Besides, he already has a NEW book out... which also has a georgous cover... and before I buy it I need to read this one. As I said, all of this only makes sense to me. Sigh. I am probably going to sell a bunch of my nonfiction tomes on e-bay or amazon. At least then I don't feel so bad about buying new ones.


Happy appreciation day, everyone!

PS Next week is GERARD BUTLER WEEK!!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I have the same book buying disease. I bought about 15 books from a book close out website for $80 including shipping!! They were new and many hard cover.

We should start a book exchange! And you a re a crazy woman for liking the cool weather. We are all hoping forsome scorching heat ...

Sebrina Wilson said...

Omg I have that disease too :( Is there a cure??? lol

I would be in for a book exchange!!!