
Now that all of my regular reality show watching is over, I am doing a lot more channel surfing. Last night I stumbled accross that National Spelling Bee on ABC. Believe it or not it was very exciting! There is such suspense as you wait for the child to spell these sometimes incredibly hard words! Will he make it?? Can he do it?? And last night it came down to 2 kids. One was from California and the other was from ALBERTA!!! It was very cool. Normally I would have never tuned in, but after I saw the documentary "Spellbound" this past winter and LOVED IT!!! Regan had seen on tv a couple of years before, and kept telling me about it, so I rented it. It was beyond good. For one thing it was a fantastic documentary as far as documentaries go, but the stories of each of the children was so compelling, and you found you were rooting for every single one of them! I had no idea that the National Spelling Bee was so steeped in tradition. It has been around for 80 years! And each champion is a celebrity in their own right. I highly recommend you to watch "Spellbound"... fantastic!
THE PHOTO ABOVE IS OF ALAIN ROBERT CLIMBING A SKYSCRAPER, HE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LITTLE RED CIRCLE. READ ABOUT HIM BELOW. HOLY MOLY.
In the paper today their was an article about the infamous Alain Robert, otherwise known as the French real life Spiderman. He is AMAZING!!! I have heard of him before, but always forget about him until he does another stunt. This time he climbed China's tallest skyscraper WITHOUT SAFETY ROPES! He climbed a total of 88 STOREYS WITHOUT ROPES, PEOPLE!!! Not only did he climb up 88 storeys, he also CLIMBED BACK DOWN!!! This guy is unreal! His average speed was 25 seconds per floor. The crazy thing is that he was arrested once he touched down. He's always getting arrested for these sorts of things. My question is, why bother arresting the guy? I don't get it. Is it because they don't want people crawling all over skyscrapers every day? Probably. I suppose they do have to have some sort of laws in place to keep base jumpers from parachuting off of office buildings and short lithe french men dressed in spiderman costumes from distracting the office workers in side. Could you imagine? Your sitting at your desk on your computer facing the window, minding your own business, and suddenly you glance up and see a guy dressed like spiderman plastered against your window 80 floors from the ground????!!! Stuff like this fascinates me. Some people would say this guy is a complete idiot to risk his life, and possible some unfortunate passerby who may get pummelled by his plummetting body. But I think it's cool. Insane, yes. But cool none-the-less. And here I sit on my easy chair reading about it. For some people they just can't live any other way. Kudos to them, I say.
My run today was good, but I was tired. Not tired as in sleepy, but physically tired. I think that it was because it was my 3rd workout day this week. I'm not sure. But by the 4th interval of running I was really not into it. I just wanted to stop. And then I started to think, "For crying out loud, if you can't even run for 6 pee-uny minutes at a time, how do you ever expect to run a marathon or do a triathlon at 40???!!! Suck it up MARSHMALLOW!!" So I did. Then I went swimming. I did not swim very much. I just couldn't do it. I mean my leg muscles just gave up after about 8 lengths. I hadn't really eaten this AM, I had about 3 or 4 tablespoons of yogurt around 30 minutes before. And I should have drank some water before I went. In fact, I am pretty sure that was the problem. It has been stinkin hot here lately, and I just wasn't hydrated enough. Yeah... that's it. Hydrated. :)
Ellie and I are heading to Edmonton this afternoon to visit Regan and celebrate a couple of birthdays and what was that other thing????? oh yes... SEE THE POLICE IN CONCERT!!! Yay!!! We are going to stop by West Edmonton mall to see him at work, I am dying to see some people I haven't see in awhile. And I want to just have a laugh at seeing Patrick Swaizy (Sp). I don't know, but I just think he is a giant cheese ball. But I did love him in the little known movie "City of Joy", though. Fantastic!
I have not heard from Alberta Children's services yet, but I have a feeling it won't be until later on today and possibly after I leave. I am not chomping at the bit about it, it will happen when it will happen. Probably because we have been thru this phase of adoption before I am WAY more relaxed about it all. I'll let you know, when I know.
I'll be gone for the weekend, so I won't update this thing till Monday.
Happy happy weekend, everybody!!!
In the paper today their was an article about the infamous Alain Robert, otherwise known as the French real life Spiderman. He is AMAZING!!! I have heard of him before, but always forget about him until he does another stunt. This time he climbed China's tallest skyscraper WITHOUT SAFETY ROPES! He climbed a total of 88 STOREYS WITHOUT ROPES, PEOPLE!!! Not only did he climb up 88 storeys, he also CLIMBED BACK DOWN!!! This guy is unreal! His average speed was 25 seconds per floor. The crazy thing is that he was arrested once he touched down. He's always getting arrested for these sorts of things. My question is, why bother arresting the guy? I don't get it. Is it because they don't want people crawling all over skyscrapers every day? Probably. I suppose they do have to have some sort of laws in place to keep base jumpers from parachuting off of office buildings and short lithe french men dressed in spiderman costumes from distracting the office workers in side. Could you imagine? Your sitting at your desk on your computer facing the window, minding your own business, and suddenly you glance up and see a guy dressed like spiderman plastered against your window 80 floors from the ground????!!! Stuff like this fascinates me. Some people would say this guy is a complete idiot to risk his life, and possible some unfortunate passerby who may get pummelled by his plummetting body. But I think it's cool. Insane, yes. But cool none-the-less. And here I sit on my easy chair reading about it. For some people they just can't live any other way. Kudos to them, I say.
My run today was good, but I was tired. Not tired as in sleepy, but physically tired. I think that it was because it was my 3rd workout day this week. I'm not sure. But by the 4th interval of running I was really not into it. I just wanted to stop. And then I started to think, "For crying out loud, if you can't even run for 6 pee-uny minutes at a time, how do you ever expect to run a marathon or do a triathlon at 40???!!! Suck it up MARSHMALLOW!!" So I did. Then I went swimming. I did not swim very much. I just couldn't do it. I mean my leg muscles just gave up after about 8 lengths. I hadn't really eaten this AM, I had about 3 or 4 tablespoons of yogurt around 30 minutes before. And I should have drank some water before I went. In fact, I am pretty sure that was the problem. It has been stinkin hot here lately, and I just wasn't hydrated enough. Yeah... that's it. Hydrated. :)
Ellie and I are heading to Edmonton this afternoon to visit Regan and celebrate a couple of birthdays and what was that other thing????? oh yes... SEE THE POLICE IN CONCERT!!! Yay!!! We are going to stop by West Edmonton mall to see him at work, I am dying to see some people I haven't see in awhile. And I want to just have a laugh at seeing Patrick Swaizy (Sp). I don't know, but I just think he is a giant cheese ball. But I did love him in the little known movie "City of Joy", though. Fantastic!
I have not heard from Alberta Children's services yet, but I have a feeling it won't be until later on today and possibly after I leave. I am not chomping at the bit about it, it will happen when it will happen. Probably because we have been thru this phase of adoption before I am WAY more relaxed about it all. I'll let you know, when I know.
I'll be gone for the weekend, so I won't update this thing till Monday.
Happy happy weekend, everybody!!!

1 comment:
I'm dying to find out how the concert went!
Post a Comment