Thursday, May 31, 2007

Panic in Cow town.

Today is my Dad's birthday.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! My sister and I are taking him out for lunch. Last year we started a nice tradition. On whoever's birthday it is, us girls take them out for their actual birthday. Hope he has a great day!~

I was going to do a whole rant on the article gracing our front cover of our local paper this AM about the demise of the Alberta film industry, but I changed my mind. I just don't want anyone we know to panic. We will be fine! It is very very slow right now, and can be a bit scary, but Regan and I both are very entrenched in the business and we will find work where ever it may be. Regan could also work in Toronto or Vancouver if we needed him too. We both have offers somewhat on the table for the summer/fall, so we are fine. We do worry occasionally when a season starts like this, but usually something comes up and everything works out ok. Ok? Ok.

I went for a bike ride this AM. Remember yesterday when I was feeling so rah-rah about my getting in better shape? Well, let's not count bikes into that mix. I am definately better off than I would have been had I not been running the past month and a bit. But bike riding is HARD! And a very very good work out. I rode for 10 minutes, and that included 2 nice size down hill sections, and it was like I had just done a 20 minute run. Holy Moly. Anyway, up until now my rest days have been all about doing NOTHING. Now I am taking things more seriously and my rest days are about NOT RUNNING but doing some cross training.

I just saw pictures of one of my adoptive mom friends who JUST met her daughter in Ethiopia a few hours ago!!! I am crying and crying with joy for their whole family. Their baby is beautiful, and my friend is positively glowing!! She has been waiting in Ethiopia for a few weeks for her daughter's visa to be ready. What a great day!

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Jill Friesen said...

Lisa,

Hoping and praying that our Dossiers are sent tomorrow! Hopefully we will be given a Fed-Ex number to follow exacley where they are!! Let me know if you hear anything!

Jill :)