
How times have changed. The concert was amazing. But first of all let me preface this post with a warning they may or may not be A LOT of caps (capital letters) here. Some good caps, some bad. Here is an example of good caps.... STING IS SO FRIGGIN' HOT!!!!!!!!! He has aged magnificantly!! The photo above is from the Vancouver show which was just a few days before ours. It was cool seeing them on their second show of a long tour because you could see how much they were loving being on stage again together. In fact at the very end, Stewart Copeland was there hands raised and big wide mouthed grin for a long time at the audience. Then as they ran off stage he grabbed Sting in a huge one armed hug and off they went arm in arm together. It was adorable. I noticed a few things during the preconcert time and during the event. For one WE ARE VERY VERY OLD. Not that we were surrounded by kids, we weren't. Pretty much every single person was our age or older. While we were standing in line there were a couple of guys we were talking to. They had empty plastic beer glasses in their hands. The one guy was like, "Should I just put these on the ground? No, I better hang on to them and throw them out." We just burst out laughing at ourselves as we are all trying to find a garbage for his stuff. Seriously. Are you following me here? 20 years ago we wouldn't think anything of throwing stuff anywhere we wanted to... garbage cans be damned! Then we got into a discussion about how loud the warm up band was, and they told us they had kleenex in their pockets to plug their ears with.. just in case. As the night wore on, not only did I plug my ears a few times (not during the police, mind you, it's funny if it's music you love you don't care if your ears bleed), but I must have seen a dozen or so people with various kinds of ear pluggage in. The guy standing next to Regan was cute, in a I am so high I can only stand around and not move at all. He was by himself and clearly had done some pre event activities. I swear he did not move a muscle the entire 2 hour performance. The band was amazing. The only thing I have to say is : WHY IN GODS NAME DO SOME BANDS HAVE TO COMPLETELY CHANGE THEIR SONGS AT CONCERTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It drove me INSANE!!! And Regan too. One song was completely unrecognizable. If it weren't for the lyrics we would not know what they were singing. And they COMPLETELY BUTCHERED Don't Stand So Close to me. The chorus was reduced to a loungy ballady thing. It sucked. But thankfully the majority of the stuff was the same and therefore sing-along-able. Becuase lets face it. You not only go to a concert to hear the band you also go to sing along. Sting was so georgous and so young looking, so was Stewart Copeland... Andy Summers on the other hand..... Anyway, all in all, a wicked experience that I am eternally grateful to Regan for. Our seats were on the floor DEAD CENTER and only 16 ROWS from the stage. In a word... AWESOME.
I am trying to get motivated to get some much needed yard work done. And some other things. So I have to cut this post short.
Have a great Monday!

1 comment:
OMG, that is so funny. I have the same ears hurting at concerts too. I love the garbage scenario. I do that at movies too. I used to always leave my garbage and now I feel bad if we get popcorn or pop on the floor. Not that I remeber what going to a movie feels like!!
Post a Comment