This morning I actually went for a run along the river here in Munich. It was GEORGOUS!!! We then went to the Munich Art Gallery. We actually saw Leonardo DaVinci's very first painting he ever did when we was 21 years old. Amazing. We also saw some Raphaels as well. We were going to go to the modern gallery, but we were too tired by then. It is hard to believe that it is our last night in Munich. We have enjoyed it immensly. Tomorro we get our car and begin driving. I gotta be honest here... not too thrilled about the driving. I am supposed to navigate, something that is not my strong suit, and something that reg has little patience for. Plus his driving is scary at the best of times. Anyway, I'm a bit freaked out. It will be nice to get to Füssen, though. And to see the castles. Today we were all a bit burnt out of touring. Well, I was anyway.
Still no referral. I have major baby brain. I have even dreamed about the baby. I dreamed that we had all of these messages for our little baby girl whose name was Gracie. I think about the baby all of the time. I can't wait to find out who he or she will be.
A couple of things about Germany that we have learned. People on the street are very very helpful, but a lot of the people that work in shops and stuff are quite rude... especially the men. That gets super annoying. And the bikes on the sidewalk, there is one half of the sidewalk for bikes and they are really really fast, and bikes nor cars stop for pedestrians. Like Ottawa or Montreal. That is getting on all of our nerves. Other than those two things we love it. another strange thing is when you are done your meal in a restaurant, they will never ever ask you if you want your bill... you always must ask for it. Also, if you are on an escalator you MUST stay to the left if you are just going to ride up it while standing still, otherwise you will get in the way of other people running up the stairs. We kind of like these kind of rules, makes things go very smoothly. The trains are just excellent too. We rode quite a few to get to the gallery today. They are very fast. I have had this fear since before we left that somehow Ellie and us will get seperated, so we have a very strict rule when we are getting on and off the train that she MUST hold one of our hands the entire time. If in the event that one of us is standing on the platform while the other two are on the train the one on the platform must stay put until the other two catch a train back to fetch them. And conversley if one of us (note I do not say Ellie, eventhough she is the one I am freaked out about) is on the train alone by accident then that person is to get off at the next station until the other two catch the next train to meet them there. I also reassure her that this would NEVER happen, but you never know. There was only one freaky moment today when we were at Munich Central station and we were getting off of the train and there was a crush of people and she was not holding our hand and Regan and I had already stepped off of the train andshe had to kind of push her way thru the people to get out to us. It gives me shivers to think about it. So I won't. We just had supper at a place that said it was a Chinese Restaurant, but they served all Asian food. Ellie had sushi, Regan had Vietnamese and I had Thai. The menu was the biggest menu (in terms of pages) we had ever ever seen. The food was good, though, and now we are ready for our swim and then go to bed. Regan is trying to book us tickets for a concert at an ancient church in Füssen. That will be very cool.
Anyway, I am not sure what the internet situation will be like there, so I will say goodbye for now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG the train would scare me to death!!! Losing kids is my fear for sure (as all mothers) I am so glad your trip is going great!!! See you soon!
Post a Comment