Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Today I feel great. Lately, as you all know, I have been really feeling my fat self. I just don't feel good, not comfortable, physically. I am carrying a lot of extra around my middle, a place where the fat just never used to go before. Now it all goes there. But today I went for a run at the gym. Afterwards, I went for a swim. A 300 meter swim. But not 300 meters of the front crawl, I swam the breaststroke mostly, took it easy. But still... after I felt so fantastic, and had to tell myself, "Lisa, you may be the largest you have ever been in your life (which to others may not look that large, but to me it feels uncomfortable), but you are getting in some serious shape!" I realized today how I am doing in the cardiovascular department. I feel so strong, and I don't get winded by stairs like I used to. If I am patient the weight will come off and my body will change. Anyway, for those of you out there that are training or working out regularily and not seeing a physical sign, try to see the things that are not visible... are you running farther? Are you lifting more weight? Are you walking longer? All those things are showing that you are improving, even if your muffin top isn't!

It was a year ago today that I was in Haiti meeting little Thania for the first time. I have been thinking about her a lot today. The crazy part is, kids that were referred before her STILL are not home yet. It is insane. I think about her still, and pray for her, and will always love her. She will be three years old in a little over a week. I can't even believe it. THREE!! I wonder if she is talking much these days? Anyway, I just had to share.

My house is a disaster again. How can that happen in just 3 days? Sigh. Better get at it.

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: