Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stuff and things

It is beautiful here today! The sun is shining and everything is blooming and green. I love it! Today is APPRECIATION DAY. When Ellie was 3 years old, she woke up on a Tuesday and declared that that day and every Tuesday after were thereby "Appreciation Day". It was so astounding that we have really tried to keep this tradition. We basically tell each other what we appreciate about each other on this day every week. A lot of times we forget, but we remember enough to keep this little tradition alive. What a girl she is. I have to brag about my family for a second. Last night at Ellie's last choir class her teacher practically acosted me as we were leaving. She asked me to have Ellie audition for the next level in choir! Eventhough she is not 8 years old until November, her teacher really wants her to audition! Ellie was very happy, and I couldn't have been more proud! Then this AM the phone rang and it was a Director of Photography, Regan loves to work with, phoning from Puerto Rico asking Regan to keep his schedule open for a job coming up! This is nothing new, Regan gets calls like that a lot, but not from Puerto Rico! Anyway, I am a very proud wife and mama today. Something is also perculating for me, but I am not sure how I feel about it. My dream job just came available and I am very torn at the moment over it. There are many other people going to be applying, so who knows. This opporunity could not have come at a worse time. What with waiting for a baby and all. But it looks like things on that front could be taking a bit longer than we thought. More like 6 to 8 months from referral. So if we get a referral at the end of the month we are looking at Christmas or later. Which is fine, not ideal, but we will live.

I am not very sore today. My shins are still sore, but not crippling sore. I am waiting for the electrician to phone to come and fix a light switch and then I can go and swim or do yoga.

I finally picked up "The End of Poverty" by Jeffrey Sachs. I have been meaning to pick it up for awhile and finally have it. Yay!! I also picked up "The Road" which is the latest Oprah pick. At first I thought it will be too depressing, but I read quite a bit of the beginning in the book store and was mesmerized by the writing. I'll let you know what I think. Currently I am reading "28: Stories of AIDS in Africa", "Dragonfly in Amber " Diana Gabaldon (this is a re-read), "Order of the Poenix" (Another re-read), "Eldest" (the sequel to Eragon - it's awesome!), and various non-fiction books on parenting and adoption. It's too much, I know, but I think I have a short attention span or something. I think of it like watching TV, I read what I am in the mood for. I have to shut the TV off more and just read. I am looking forward to all of the reality shows I watch to be over, for crying out loud! I love them, but I have to watch the stupid things!

No comments: