Monday, May 14, 2007

Stress relief

I did go for run this AM. I only felt some discomfort in the 'ol ankle/foot area. We'll see what it feels like tomorro. I did increase to 4 minutes of running for 4 intervals. But I walked up the stairs this time. When I got home I played piano for about an hour and a half. It was awesome! Since we have moved the piano upstairs last year, I play a lot more now. But not as much as I would like. There are some of you who may not know that I do play. I hope that Ellie keeps it up. Not because I want her to play the piano, necessarily, but my piano is like my oldest dearest friend. I can't really describe in words how I feel about that thing. It has helped me through every single heart ache I have ever had in my life, and also it has helped me to celebrate my triumphs. When I sat down I went blank, which almost always happens nowadays. But then I started to plink around and the old songs just some how magically begin to appear. It is the weirdest phenomenon. I start by thinking of a song I would like to play that I used to. They are songs that were big at the time (would be when I was a teen and in highschool, mostly Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel for me) anyway, then I cannot remember a single note, or even how it all starts. It is frightening in a way. How could I completely forget songs I have played for 25 years??? But then I plink a few notes that sound right, and then literally by magic my fingers play on their own with absolutely no help from me whatsoever. It is really cool. My hands get tired early on, where as when I was playing a lot in my younger years I could play long and hard for hours. I even broke a piano string once! Anyway, it is very very theraputic, and I hope that Ellie keeps it up so she can have that as an outlet and way to express her feelings. It will really help her. I think she is already doing that given that little piece she played on her feelings about her cat.

Mother's day was awesome. I was treated like a queen. I love how kids love to celebrate Mother and Father's day. My Mom says she misses those days. I am truly cherishing every moment. I spent most of Monday watching video footage of Ellie from the night she was born. The old cliche is so true it hurts..... time flies.

I am almost ready to post a before and after pic of our basement. We watched a movie down there and slept in the room on Saturday. It was SO QUIET! I LOVED IT!

I am just about to e-mail our agency to find out exactly what our file is up to. I have a feeling it is still in the authentication phase. If you notice in the left hand corner of my blog page I have my count down to the court closures. 2 months and 3 weeks. 2 MONTHS AND 3 WEEKS!!! YIKES!!! But I am not as worried about it--- it is what it is.

Have a terrifac Monday, Everyone!!

No comments: