Ran again today. I now am only suffering mildly from shin splints. Not enough to stop running, just enough to be annoying. 4 minutes running, 1 minute of walking, 4 times. It was beautiful out, and I felt great after! I am going to shop for a decent pair of actual running shoes. I don't think mine have enough cushion. I can feel how little cushion there is when I am out there... flat, flat, flat. I try to run on the grass when I can, but sometimes it is just not an option. I'm on week 4 now, and I don't see a lot of movement in the fat department, but I am only just this week watching more closely what I eat. Okay, so I made a chocolate cake the other day, and am almost done, but I didn't put any icing on it!! And Ellie ate some too!!! :)
I was digging thru some old stuff from Ellie's schoolwork from Preschool to now. I came accross these adorable quotes from her pre-school class that her teacher compiled as part of our mother's day that year. These kids would be 4 years old:
AMANDA AND MAYA: Amanda said to Maya, "You are not making wise decisions today." Maya said, "Why?" Amanda said, "Because when you make wise decisions you are not sad, you are happy!"
DANIEL: "Mrs. Slater, one of these days I'm going to grow up." Mrs. Slater said, "When do you think that'll be, Daniel?" Daniel says, "Maybe on Thursday."
NICOLAS: Nicolas came in for our Christmas concert dressed in a 70's tuxedo jacket. Mrs. Slater asked him if he was going to wear that jacket when he gets married. He promptly said, "I'm not getting married. I just want babies."
ANDREW: Mrs. C started class and asked James if he wanted to share his news with the class today? James said, "My baby came out, they cut Mommy's belly and they took the baby out. But she's o.k., now her belly looks the same. Just like my Dad's belly now."
NICOLAS: "Mrs. S look at my craft!" Mrs. S said, "You did a good job, Mommy is going to love it." Nicolas says, "Yup, she's really going to love it from the inside of her heart."
STEPHEN AND ELLIE: We were asking Stephen if he knew whether he was having a brother or a sister yet. He said he didn't know. Ellie says to Mrs. C that "we are all born with tiny eggs in our bodies so we don't know if they are boy eggs or girl eggs. I know they are not the eggs that we cook on the stove."
MILOS AND KEIRAN: At snack table we were discussing good food. They had fruit rollups but said they were not healthy because they had chemicals in them. Milos said he liked the taste of chemicals. Mrs. S asked, "What are chemicals?" Both boys said, "you know they taste ymmy and make things look nice but they are bad for you."
MAYA: Mrs. S was showing photos of some of the children pretending to shave. Maya spoke up and said , "Mrs. C, did you know that Mrs. S does not have to shave?" Mrs. C asked, "Why?"
Maya replied, "She doesn't because she is a teacher." Who knew??
Have a happy Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment