In all my venting, I forgot to tell you all about the Nutcracker movie with the Alberta Ballet!! Holy moly!! The costumes were BREATHTAKING!! There were 11 pairs (male and female) and they were all dressed in these bird costumes, and I don't mean cheesy ones, I mean GEORGOUS ONES. The women had these beautiful skirts with corsets over their leotards and feathers and these enormous head dresses with beaks on them. Honestly, it was just unreal. And they built this ballroom set inside the studio. It never ceases to amaze even the oldest veteran of the movie business. We all wander around places like that an ooooh and aaaaah. And one character was dressed like an owl with this amazing cape. I can't give too much away, but wow... you have to watch it, it is a beautiful story and quite a bit different from the traditional ballet. It will be on CBC later this year. It was great to see everyone too, and so nice to see Reg around work. He cracks me up.
Kay, I am really leaving now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment