A gal on one of my e-mail lists had her dossier sent to Ethiopia only 2 WEEKS AGO and ALREADY has a referral of a baby boy who was born on March 4th!!! She should have a court date in the next month and then travel a few months after that. Isn't that amazing??? I am always so astounded by how quick that is. It also so happened that there was a beautiful little baby available as soon as her dossier got there, and that does not always happen. Anyway, I am praying that we can have a relatively quick process. I know it can't happen quick enough for her though, once you know who your child is every second that passes is another second you are not holding them. It must feel like an eternity. And then I think of my Haitian adoptive mom's who are waiting a year and a half or longer to hold their children. It is just not right. I feel like we have been holding our breath for years waiting for our adoption. The first piece of paper we submitted was in July of 2005. Anyway, once our baby is home, we will forget all about the angst. I just know it.
Ellie and I just got back from Meet the Robinsons. It was cute, but I could see why some adoptive groups are up in arms over it. It did not offend me, except for the parts where Lewis is being "interviewed" by his prospective parents constantly and then being rejected. I did not like that at all. Anyway, it wasn't the worst kids movie I've seen.. and I have had to sit thru a lot of pretty bad shows in the name of motherhood. We say "The Last Mimzy" a couple of weeks ago and we all LOVED IT. It was very good.
Anyway, HAPPY EASTER AGAIN~!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment