Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Me and the Mailman

So after almost 6 weeks of waiting for our homestudy, I got the thingy on my door knob yesterday saying "I was here, you were gone, I left my name to carry on.... " from the mailman. Okay, he didn't actually say those words, but I was excited!!! At first I thought that maybe it was our passports which we mailed off around the same time, but this is addressed to both of us so it can only mean one thing....... our homestudy is here and at the post office. I called but it is not available for pick up until after 1pm. UGH! Feels like FOREVER!!! So I will post as soon as I have news. It feels so good to at least be close to getting our dossier off!!! If the HS is approved then this weekend we will get our docs notarized and I'll send our dossier off to Kidlink on MONDAY!!!!! Then it has to get authenticated, and then sent back to the Edmonton office and then off to Ethiopia. This is very nerve wracking. Ever since July, I have wondered if our government would give us the green light again, or if they would say "you guys are too wishy washy to adopt". It will feel so great to get that piece of paper here and in my hands saying, "We LIKE you, we REALLY REALLY LIKE you!" LOL!!!

Regan is working again, yay!! For 5 weeks on the Nutcracker. He is out of town right now, which is good and bad. Good, because I get my very own time at night after Ellie goes to sleep. But bad, because if I am up past midnight then I get very very very scared and can't sleep because I feel like serial killers are circling my house. I wish I were kidding. Last night I couldn;t sleep and was up till 3 am, and then slept for about an hour, then up again at 4 and then slept till 7ish. This is the 3rd night in a row of hardly any sleep. I feel like garbage. But, I plan on putting Ellie and I both to bed early tonight, and serial killers be damned!

The basement is getting there. The taping and mudding is done, and the ceiling texture guy is SUPPOSED to come today, but it is 1030 already and there's no sign of him. So by Friday or Saturday I will be painting! It is a huge space and is going to take forever, but it will be so awesome to have that space done and we can hang out down there!!! It will be especially nice for my inlaws when they come, they'll have their own big room and bathroom.

Anyway, I'll talk to you in about 3 hours with some NEWS!!!

No comments: