Thursday, March 22, 2007

Getting there

Today I filled out most of the sponsorship for immigration stuff today, it was SO SO EASY this time around! And what is also great is that we already were accepted last year so I know it will go thru this time! In fact, I filled out all of the forms exactly one year and one week ago today! Bizarre. I think that the reality is that we will be travelling to Ethiopia sometime next winter, which is totally fine by me. I am not in a super rush, and it will take as long as it takes. And that is going to be the way it is meant to be.

I love the friends that I have met thru this adoption process. I have several very very good friends who are all adopting from Haiti, and I have even met some of their children already! I feel very blessed to have gone thru what I went through, eventhough sometimes my heart still profoundly hurts when I think if Thania. I still love her, and always will. And the fact that I spent time with her, and remember her infectious laugh, and her sense of humour, it makes me crazy wondering why everything went down the way it did. But I can't change it now. And God really did have His gentle hand guiding us through the entire way, and His voice in my ear saying, "Wait."

So I downloaded that book I was telling you about "The Science of getting rich" or whatever it was. The book is short, and a bit strange. It is exactly what it says, it is all about obtaining financial wealth. And even goes on to say that if you do not have the desire to be rich you are abnormal, and the God wants you to be rich so you can do His will, etc. I can totally see now why "The Secret" dwelled mainly on the material aspects of life, that did get on my nerves a bit watching it. However, I would love for us to have complete financial freedom, I really would. We would do a lot with our money, in terms of helping others etc, and we would travel and be productive with it. So I don't think it is bad to want that for your family, but it is certainly not my only goal for our family. In fact, I know that you do not need to be rich to live a happy and fullfilled life, and this book actually claims you cannot possibly be fullfilled without being rich. It really says it, I am not kidding. Anyway, reading it I recognized many ideas I have read in many other self help books, such as Wayne Dyer and even the David Bach (smart people finish rich). I am loving the Wayne Dyer book "Intentions" it is great, and really fleshes out the ideas behind the law of attraction. And gives practical things you can do to make things happen in your life.

To whom much is given, much is expected.

No comments: