So, the lack of posts on my blog I blame solely on Facebook. It's where I do all of my rantings, musings, etc. It just seems redundant to blog about stuff when I can just blab there. I'm not saying I'm letting go of this blog just yet, but I will say that daily writing is probably not going to happen. Plus, since Ayana's been home there's lots report, but it's all the baby/toddler stuff that is so fun to write about, but that might not be that interesting to the average reader.
But on that note there is something to report: Ayana had her first appointment with the pediatrician yesterday. At our last appointment at the adoptiong clinic I asked to be referred to a pediatrician because as much as I like our family doctor the majority of his patients are seniors. I mean MOST of them are. And the last check up Ayana had with him he really didn't check ANYTHING. And the last check up Ellie had he said she didn't even need to come in annually anymore only when there was a problem. HUH??? She's only NINE. So I am going to get Ellie referred as well.
Anyway, the doc yesterday said that Ayana has lost weight since her last appointment in March. This would have surprised me a few months ago, but recently I have noticed that the kids is constantly drinking. I mean if there's a sippy cup around she has it in her hand and I am constantly refilling it. So in the last week I have been refusing to refill and also cutting out milk except for at meal times. I noticed that she was filling up on liquids and then not eating her meals. So now that I'm doing that, I noticed she is eating more solid foods.
Also she said that it looks like her scalp condition is back. I'm not so sure as she has always had this flaky dry area at the back and bottom of her head, and it has not spread. I think it could be irritation from when I wash her hair and rinse out the shampoo under the tap. Her face is facing up and so I think I may not be getting all of the soap out. This is just a guess.
The only other thing is I mentioned that she had recently been, you know, constipated. The reason I mention this is then the doc prescribed a med for that! I told her that good 'ol bran muffins work like a charm, but she insisted. I'm not going to even fill the prescription because I think that is one are that just does not need drugs.
All in all I was happy with the visit, though. She was very nice and young and Ayana was very comfortable with her. And she definately was thorough.
We went to the zoo yesterday and it was so awesome to see Ayana recognize and name and talk about all the animals she was seeing. So cute! And later the two girls were off skipping and hopping way ahead of me with their rain jackets on and it was just the cutest thing ever!
Ellie has been watching So you think you can Dance with me as it is summer. She just loves that show, and it's so fun to have someone at home to watch it with me! Last night was great, except the Russan Folk Dance. What were they thinking when they made them dance that??!!! Crazy.
My favs are Aaron (I think that's his name, the broadway guy?) and out of the girls, I like the ballerina girl.
The Bacherlorette, as much as that woman irritates me to no end, is the BEST ON YET. (To quote Chris from the show). In fact I love it so much that I am so choked we will be camping during the finale!!!!!&%#$!!(@*!! I'll have to get someone to tape that and the after the rose show too. That is going to be awesome, especially when they talk about Wes. What a jerk.
I am going to be starting a book blog as well, if anyone is into that sort of thing. Right now I am doing research on them and what makes a good one. So stay tuned for that, I'll post the link when I have it ready to go. It will be book reviews as well as giveaways and book club sort of activities. I can't wait! The other benefit to running a book blog is that once you get out there many times publishers will send you free copies of books to review on your site! How cool is that! My favourite book blog is the Boston Bibliophile. It's awesome, have a look. Another good on is Bookshipper. That's the one where I won 10 political books. The only one I kept was the Life book on Obama. It's a georgous coffee table book. Oh and the biography on Billy Graham, it looked pretty interesting. It focuses on all of his relationships with all of the presidents. I haven't read it yet. Maybe I'll review it on my book blog!
I also recently joined a site called The Daring Kitchen. I am SUPER excited about this one! Every month they put out two challenges, a cooking challange and a baking challenge. And you are only able to miss 2 out of 12 for the whole year or you are booted out. One of the requirements is that you post the results of your efforts by the 27th of the month on your personal blog. So you will see some (hopefully) yummy pictures and recipes in the months ahead. I have only recently really realized how much I love cooking and baking. With the film business looking completely dire I have dove into cooking and baking with a vengeance. While I am doing either one I am completely relaxed and, not unlike knitting, only thinking about the present moment and what I am doing with my hands. And then everyone gets to benefit! In the last week I have tried some new recipes: Blueberry Pecan Crisp (fantastic!), English Scones, Rhubarb Cake (an old family recipe, but a first time baking it for me), homeade chocolate cake (a staple I make every other month). It's been awesome. But now that Ellie is home from school my morning walk routine is out the window, and my 30 min aerobics right after is almost nonexsistant as well. So I better be careful!!
Anyway, have a LOVELY day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know, FB is the devil isn't it? A person could quite literally live on that site and have no other life! LOL!
Great to hear an update on Ayana too! I enjoy hearing about the toddler boringness because it, too, is my life! :-)
COngrats on joining the Daring Kitchen. It really is super fun!
And I totally agree on the the FB thing, my blog is suffering from the same problem!
I love the daring kitchen... especially the baking challenges... too much fun!!
Post a Comment