Thursday, June 4, 2009

June

Holy moly I cannot believe it's JUNE ALREADY!! JUNE, people! Ellie will be done school in 3 weeks! Wow. Life has been so busy with travelling here I am finally glad to be at home. Until the weekend when I have to go to Edmonton. But it's only for one night. No biggie.

I just got back from Ottawa where I took a producers workshop. It's much more glamorous than it sounds. Basically I learned how to budget a movie, some legal stuff, etc. So I'm ready to contact the author of the book we want to shoot. Just THAT much. As for producing I need to start small. REALLY small. I have a short film a friend of mine wrote and we are going to partner up with his producer to get it made. This friend of mine is an established filmmaker. He has his INCREDIBLE documentary "Letters from Litein" at select theatres accross the country. If you haven't seen it yet... you should. Especially you adoptive parents with kids from Africa. Anyway, so it will be a great project to cut my teeth on, so to speak. And the irony is Matt (the friend) was the guy who got me into the business in the first place 13 years ago!!!! Cool.

Regan is now in Vancouver trying to drum up work. Things here are getting interesting. A friend of mine working on Heartland called me, there may be a chance I will get offered to work on that show. I can't give any details at the moment. But we'll see. This offer would be a 3 week on 3 week off rotation which might work. There is also a movie possibly coming in August that I could do as it would only be about 4 weeks. It's all up in the air. Hopefully Reg gets some work, at the very least!

Ayana is just getting funnier and funnier by the minute! Her vocabulary has literally EXPLODED and she is constantly talking. Sometimes it's just babble, but what's changed in the last couple of weeks is that her babble or actual sentences sound more like conversation in tone and inflection. It is so freaking adorable!!! Ellie and I are constantly laughing and "oh my goshing" all over the place. "That's SO CUTE" is a constant phrase around here. I still have not hopped on the potty training "train" yet, but that will be very soon. Like next week. Pump the juice and get the chocolate chips! Lately we have noticed that Ayana is losing her "baby" look, which makes me sad a little bit! She still looks like a "baby" in many ways, but she is now becoming a little girl right before our eyes! Her attention span is so much better. She watches her "shows" now, like Elmo, and Sesame Street, and IN the Night Garden. She doesn't really watch much TV, but she would watch back to back Elmo if we let her. I can hear "Blue's Clues" in the background as I just found a bunch of dusty VHS copies of various shows. She is totally mesmorized by it!

Ellie is doing great, other than having ANOTHER bout of Strep a couple of weeks ago and we have to get her tested YET AGAIN for mono as her glands and tonsils are huge still, and she is always tired. Not to mention that she has had sleep apnea for years, and we are finally getting into the specialist to address that problem. It is very alarming sometimes when she sleeps. Her breathing gets COMPLETELY blocked and her chest is heaving in and out trying to get breath for a good 3 or 4 breaths! Till she shift herself and then she noisily takes a breath. This happens all night so that also is why she is chronically tired. Not to mention how hard that is on her little body. I am hoping that he will say to take her tonsils out, I think that would solve 90% of her problems. Not that I want her to have surgery, but since she has been about 3 we have been dealing with this.. and that is just too long. This will be her 3rd TRIP to the ear nose and throat guy, and I hope that he/she finally gives us a solution. Other than that she is busy with softball and piano and getting all geared up for her short summer. We have the Kimpton booked for July 3 to 5 in Vancouver, but Regan may be back by then so if anyone out there is interested you can have our HUGE suite with FULL KITCHEN for 2 nights in VAncouver for half price. I think it comes to about 350 TOTAL which is A STEAL as that room usually goes for 250 PER NIGHT. But we are not ready to give up the room quite yet, but when we do, you better believe I'll be blogging about it. It's nonrefundable which is why I have to try to get rid of it if we can't go.

Anyway, have a great day and weekend!!

No comments: