Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello on a Thursday

Not much to report here, other than I have calmed down considerably since my last post. Regan is heading to Vancouver in about a week to get some work. He'll probably be there for a couple of months. Maybe longer. It's still deadsville here, but we are very hopeful as Vancouver is supposed to be extremely busy this year.

As for moving, we are just taking baby steps and not making any rash decisions. I still stand by all that I said about Van, but the reality is we do not want to plummet ourselves in a HUGE mountain of debt to buy a house there, and so we need to just take our time and decide if this is something we really need to be doing. If we did move it wouldn't be for at least another year. I am excited that the girls and I get to visit Regan in Van this summer! That will be so fun! It may be that we just have to have Regan work there until Calgary picks up again, if ever, and we just visit him as much as we can. Anyway, I'm not going to harp on this, so I'll just drop it for now.

As for creatively, there is a book (I may have mentioned it already) that Regan and I read over 6 years ago that at the time we both thought would be an incredible movie. It's a Canadian story and just a total triumph of the human spirit, but mostly a story about the power of love. Until I have the option rights on the book I can't say which one it is. It would be a movie of the week (MOW) and when we really get rolling on it it will likely take about 2 years to get made. I'll keep you posted!

The girls are doing great. Ellie is home at the moment with a cold and wicked sore throat. I'm hoping it's not strep again. Ayana is busy forming 3 word sentences on a semi regular basis, and she is just so smart! She's just busy figuring out the world around her. The tantrums seem to be settling down, we are down to about one or two major ones every other day. Pretty good considering we were at 4 or 5 major ones a DAY! Ellie is busy with her softball and school. We just found out yesterday that the Calgary Girls Choir is going to CHINA next year!!!! Shanghai specifically! How cool is that!!!

Have a wonderful day, and as promised later today or tomorrow I'll post some pics of our trips.

1 comment:

Proudmama said...

If you come to Vancouver again this summer, be sure to let me know so we can connect!

Courtney