Regan just left for his trip. It's 930pm. He was supposed to leave in the morning but there is a big snow storm coming and he decided to leave early. And let's face it, he would have never slept anyway. It was very sad when he left. Especially for Ellie, who gave him a special rock to carry with him. They both cried while hugging and I cried while watching. Then Regan and I hugged and cried for a very long time. He thanked me for this experience, and I told him he was very welcome and to have a wonderful time and to be safe. I feel much sadder than I thought I would, actually. I know this may sound strange. I love him, obviously, but I also love having the house to myself sometimes. Especially when he has been around not working. But this is different somehow. We've never been apart this long. I think the longest has been 2 weeks? Not sure. And this is just such a BIG trip, with the motorcycle and him travelling alone. I just want him to come back in one piece. Please remember him in your prayers. He has wanted to do this for a very long time. And I am very excited for him. And the thing is, he would do the EXACT same thing for me. And he would not be bitter about it, even for one second. Which is why I love him so very much. Stupid trip making me cry. As he left he said, "Stupid sap rays" which, you may recall, he says to me when I am crying at a movie and he starts welling up. I have "sap" rays as he calls them.
Anyway, I am too sad to write anymore.
Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
thinking of you. I also would be sad...but he must be so appreciative of your awesomeness!! I will be thinking of Regan too and his safety.
Post a Comment