This morning it was very foggy, which was pretty cool. And since I was the only one up and it was dawn, it just added to the peacefullness of my morning. I actually had a whole hour of coffee drinking and paper reading. We are still in pj's this AM, and no plans to rush to get dressed anytime soon.
March is halfway done, we are just one week away from the official first day of spring. SPRING! Love it.
April is all about travelling. Regan is off on his month long motorcycle trek south, he leaves around the 22nd of March, not sure when he is coming back. And since Ellie is off for 2 weeks in April I asked her where she would like to go for a holiday. I felt bad that she and Ayana are getting totally hosed for holidays this spring, and I just can't imagine being with the two of them day in and day out for 2 weeks straight in this house. I think we would all go a little nuts. So she said, "Vancouver or Toronto!" I told her Toronto was too far, but Vancouver might be doable. She has never been there. So, believe it or not (I wish I could see my Mother's face as she is reading this, and here her say, "Pete! You are NOT going to believe what Lisa is doing!", I am going to take my two girlies to VANCOUVER!!!!! We are just so excited! I am going to DRIVE, yes that's right DRIVE to Salmon Arm where we will stay one night, and then do the remainder of the drive the next day. We are in Van from April 4th to the 9th and then returning to Salmon Arm and home by the 10th. I wanted to get home in time for Easter. Yes, I am nervous about having Ayana in the car for that long, but with good preperation and lots of little breaks I know it will be just fine. Beyond fine! Fantastic! Our hotel is right downtown and it has a full kitchen, which will be so much better for us, and it is only a 5 minute drive from the Science Centre, and blocks from Granville Island and also not far from the Art Gallery. Call me crazy, that's fine. I'll take that and run with it. So any of my friends from Van out there reading this, hope we can see you!!! Especially my adoptive family buddies!!!
Then when we get back it's only 20 days till I do the drive ALL OVER AGAIN with my best friend for our girl getaway. She stays with me for 3 days and then she has to get back to Calgary, and then I am in Van by myself for another 6 or more days, and then to the island for a couple of days. All together I'll be gone at least 10 days, maybe more. I already have plans to get Ayana's hair done in cornrows so Regan does not have to worry about it. I have so many people to visit in Vancouver, plus chatting with some colleagues about work options I will be very busy. Plus I plan on hiking a lot, and maybe doing some spa-ing. Then when I get back hopefully Regan will be starting on Wild Roses soon after and working for 6 to 7 months. That would be good.
Right now it's all about getting stuff done around here, getting things spring cleaned, you know?
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
that sounds like so much fun! And you will do great with the girls in Vancouver! It's fun to have that kids of experience with the kids!
OMG, we are going to miss you in Vancouver by one day! We are taking the ferry over on the 10th and staying for the weekend. We are planning on going to the Aquarium on the morning of the 11th. (with Sarah, Todd, Maddy & Owen)
Your trip will be great and both girls will do fine in the car. It sounds like the perfect plan. GOOD FOR YOU!
How fun!! You'll have a great time!!
Oh, and we love Wild Roses so glad to hear there will be another season!!
Post a Comment