So, the verdict is Ellie does not have strep, and I probably don't either. PHA-EW. She is beyond excited to go to school tomorrow. And I'm excited for her. But it took 6 entire days for her fever to finally break and that was today. The worst I have ever seen in anyone.
Tonight I was feeling totally overwhelmed. You mom's know what I mean. Worrying about a sick child and being stuck in the house for days and days and having a lot to do, and just feeling trapped. So when Regan called earlier I promptly melted into a million and a half tears. Despite being an easy weeper, I normally don't boo hoo to him about much. I cry at commercials, and sad movies and moments with our kids.. he calls them "sap rays" because inevitably I somehow magically zap him with my rays so he gets misty eyed. But I digress. So I'm boo hoo-ing rather incoherantly and tell him about a meeting I really want and need to go to in the morning but because we had to go to the doctor I couldn't visit a new dayhome for the first time today, and didn't want to just drop Ayana off with a complete stranger the first time, yadda yadda. And he says, "Hon, why don't I come home tomorrow?" I was dumbfounded. What did this mean? Did he think I was headed for the looney bin and he was going to quit the Women in the Directors Chair? Whaaa?? But it turns out they are not shooting anything tomorrow and he just has a couple of meetings he can blow off, and he said that I definately needed to just go and do something like that. I said oh no, it was okay.. and I really meant it. I didn't want to interfere, and I was just having a "moment". But he insisted, and so (don't tell our girls >wink<) he is going to come in the early morning so I can make my meeting, and may be there before Ellie goes to school, but if not he is going to totally surprize her by picking her up for lunch! She will be so shocked! Not to mention Ayana. Tonight the dog kind of went towards the garage door and she looked at me and said, "Dada?" It was so cute. So she will be so excited too! I hung up the phone and was just eternally grateful for him to do that for me.
Sometimes he just gets it right, without me having to give him directions.
Have a great evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's awesome!!
Aw, that's nice that your hubby knew what you needed. Hope that you had a good day
Courtney
Good husband, Regan!
Post a Comment