Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deep Freeze

Today is something, let me tell you. There is a georgous blanket of about 4 inches or more of snow all over everything, and it is COLD. I think it's around -23 degrees celcius. Thank goodness we do not have anywhere to go today! Ellie and I will be baking our traditional jam-jam cookies this afternoon, this is a very old family recipe and we bake them only at Christmas. Usually not one single cookie makes it to actual Christmas. I don't know what you are talking about.

Ayana is on number 2 viewing of Teletubbies this AM. I know, it's shameful. She has been up since 6AM for some reason. This is very unlike her. And she woke up crying which is very very unusual. So needless to say, Mommy needs her to have a Teletubbies marathon this morning. Regan is napping, Ellie is downstairs playing on the computer and Ayana is quietly playing near me in the family room while I am on my laptop. I am staring at the snow outside and contemplating having a fire on again today.

Suddenly, Ellie is upstairs now and Regan just emerged from the basement. Things just got MUCH noisier with the 'ow, she scratched me!" Ayana crying when she sees Ellie because she thinks Ellie is going to shut off Teletubbies (I wish I were kidding) So I better go now and make lunch.

This afternoon I think Regan is taking Ellie out to go Christmas shopping, and Ayana is having a nap and I might too.

Have a wonderful day and stay warm and safe!!!

No comments: